Course Details & Registration Information
- Review the structure, function, terminology, pathophysiology and abbreviations of all body systems
- Apply appropriate coding conventions and guidelines; identify the correct process for selecting codes and analyze the types of coding errors to avoid
- Demonstrate coding ability by appropriately assign ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes
- Demonstrate coding ability by appropriately assigning CPT ad HCPCS procedure codes
- Demonstrate coding ability by completing assigned practice exercises
- Write a personal plan for preparation for a certification examination
- Introductions/Success Strategies
- Coding Basics Review
Anatomy and Medical Terminology Review
- Diagnostic Coding Guidelines
- Anesthesia Coding
Coding Exam Strategies Research and Discussion
- CPT-Procedure Coding & HCPCS Coding
- Surgery Coding
- CPT Modifiers & Evaluation and Management Codes
- Radiology Coding
- Pathology Coding
- Medicine Coding
- Expertise in reviewing and assigning accurate medical codes for diagnoses, procedures and services performed by physicians and other qualified healthcare providers in the medical office or facility setting.
- Proficiency across a wide range of services, including evaluation and management, anesthesia, surgery, radiology, pathology and medicine.
- A sound knowledge of medical coding guidelines and regulations including compliance and reimbursement-allowing a CPC to better handle issues such as medical necessity, claims, denials bundling issues and charge capture.
- Understanding of how to integrate medical coding and payment policy changes into a practice's reimbursement processes.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology necessary to correctly code provider diagnosis and services.
- Attendance 90% or above
- Grading-Final Grade of 80% or better
- Medical Biller
- Medical Coder
- Medical Terminology - NUR-3235E3
- Healthcare Billing and Coding Part I - MED-3030V3
- Healthcare Billing and Coding Part II - MED-3030W3