Wake Tech is committed to providing a usable web experience to all users including those with special needs or disabilities.
Our website has been designed to meet all requirements of The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It should meet the standards of the Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C).
Disability Support Services adapts college services to the specialized, individual needs of otherwise-qualified students with disabilities, as defined by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (Subpart E), the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the NC Persons with Disabilities Protection Act.
Please request a meeting with a DSS Coordinator to discuss additional accommodations you may require.
- Accessibility Matters Facebook Page
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 [29 U.S.C. § 794 (d)]
- The United States Access Board
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990
- The ADA Amendments Act of 2008
- Telecommunications Act of 1996 Section 255
- H.R. 3104: Twenty-first Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010
- North Carolina General Statute § 168A-7; Section 3, Discrimination in Public Services
- Statewide Technical Architecture for Software Applications
- International Policies relating to Web Accessibility
- Department of Education requirements for accessible EIT design
- National Instructional Materials Accessibility Standard
- W3C Accessibility
- Designing for Screen Reader Compatibility
- Screen Reader Usability Tips