Contact ITS HelpDesk For Support!
Email: [email protected]
Service Desk Hours
South Campus Walk-In Support
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone Line Hours
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Southern Wake Campus
Scott Northern Wake Campus
Building F-165 or H-151
Perry Health Science Campus
Account and Password
When logging into a Wake Tech site, make sure you are typing your Key Account username in all lowercase letters. This is especially important to note when logging into a site on a mobile phone or tablet, as quite often these devices often automatically capitalize the first letter of a word typed into a text box.
Contact the IT Service Desk at 919-866-7000 for assistance troubleshooting your password.
Registering for Classes.
- Registration holds are indicated by the red text presented at the top of the 'Register and Drop Sections' page. Please carefully read all messages, as there be more than one hold applied to a course.
- If there is no red text, make sure that you have not selected both the 'Action for ALL Pref. Sections' option and an action for each individual preferred section. This will cause an error. You only need to choose individual actions if you wish to perform multiple actions at once, such as register for one course and waitlist for another.
- For assistance with site malfunction, call the IT Service Desk at 919-866-7000.
- If you are unable to register because you have no registration priority, contact the Registrar's Office.
All other questions about courses or course registration should be directed to the Registrar's Office at 919-866-5700 or [email protected]
Workforce Continuing Education Students
Workforce Continuing Education students should contact the Workforce Continuing Education Registrar’s office at 919-334-1631 or email [email protected]
I have a question about Microsoft Office 365 Student Email.
- You must wait 24 hours after activation before you attempt to log into your student email account.
- Workforce Continuing Education (WCE) students also receive student email addresses and are used to take WCE classes. Personal email addresses are no longer allowed in WCE courses.
Yes! Wake Tech offers Microsoft Office 2016 Student Edition for free to all Curriculum Education students. This bundle includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Skype for Business and 1 Terabyte of OneDrive storage. Go to http://portal.office365.com and login to download.
- If your emails are being filtered into the 'Clutter' folder, click the 'Settings' gear icon and choose 'Mail' under 'Your App Settings'. On the Options page that loads, under 'Mail > Automatic Processing > Clutter' Uncheck the 'Separate items identified as clutter' box and save. Then return to your inbox. This will stop new mail from being moved. You will then need to move the contents of the 'Clutter' folder back into the inbox, and delete the folder.
- If your emails are getting separated into 'Focused' and 'Other' inboxes, click the 'Filter' menu at the top of the inbox (to the left of the reading pane) and uncheck 'Show Focused Inbox'.
- Log into Webadvisor with your Key Account.
- Go to "Current Curriculum Students"
- Under the section "Parent/Guardian/Spouse Access", choose the option "Step 1 Add Parent/Guardian/Spouse"
- Fill out all the required fields (marked with a red * ) and any optional fields you wish.
- Click submit. You must now wait until the parent account is created and the relationship is verified by the Registrar's Office. You should be notified via an email to your student account. Once this is done, proceed to step 6.
- You will then need to go back to the "Current Curriculum Student" menu, and under "Parent/Guardian/Spouse Access", choose "Step 2 Manage Parent/Guardian/Spouse Access"
- On the FERPA compliance notice, choose "I Agree"
- Follow the directions at the top of the screen to manage Access rights for each Parent/Guardian/Spouse that you have added to your account. When you are satisfied with your changes, select "Submit"
- If you have any further questions or have a problem, please contact the Registrar's Office at 919-866-5700.
For assistance with a Parent/Guardian/Spouse account password, please contact the IT Service Desk at 919-866-7000.
ID Badges and Parking Passes.
- All students using on-campus facilities are required to obtain a college ID Badge and Parking Decal. These can both be obtained at the Campus Police office on any campus. For a list of location and hours, visit the Campus Police website
- Your college ID Badge will allow you to access libraries, testing centers, ILCs, and more. To obtain this, you will need to present a valid official photo ID, such as a driver's license, passport, or military ID (DD214).
- Your parking decal will allow you to park your vehicle in any student parking lot on any campus. To obtain this, you will need to present your valid vehicle registration card. You will also need to know your license plate number, and characteristic information about your car in order to fill in the decal request form. You can download and fill it out in advance from the Campus Police website.
Contacting my Advisor or Instructor
- Contact information for each of your Instructors is located in Blackboard, on the 'Instructor Information' page for each course.
- Contact information for your advisor can always be found on the Plan & Schedule page of Self Service on the 'Advising' tab. You can also contact the Advising Office at 919-866-5474, or email [email protected].
- Contact Information can also be located using the Employee Directory.
Blackboard, Moodle, or the eLearning Intro
- To login to Blackboard or Moodle, use your Wake Tech Key Account. See Key Account Activation for more information.
- Assistance with Blackboard and Moodle logins are handled through the ITS Helpdesk.
- Completion of the eLearning Intro is required for all students who wish to take Online courses at Wake Tech. To locate it, look at your 'Courses' tab in Blackboard.
- In order to pass the eLearning Intro, you must get a grade of 90% or better on each section. If you pass a section pre-test with a grade of 90% or better, then you are not required to complete the section, and may move to the next one. Otherwise, you must complete all activities contained in the section and then receive a grade of 90% or better on the post-test. You may take the post-test as many times as necessary to receive a satisfactory grade.
- You must wait 2.5 hours after completing the eLearning Intro before you attempt to register for online courses, to allow for completion credit to be transferred into WebAdvisor.
- Workforce Continuing Education students are not required to take eLearning Intro.
- Curriculum Education courses are found in BlackBoard.
- New courses are not available in Blackboard until 7AM on the first day of the semester. After the first day of the semester, new courses appear at 7 a.m. the day after you are enrolled in the course.
- Continuing Education courses are found in Moodle.
- New courses are not available in Moodle until 7 a.m. on the first day of the class.
- Courses can be dropped without notice if a student fails to arrange payment by the payment deadline.
- Courses can be dropped without notice for failing to take the Course Entry Quiz. This quiz takes only a few minutes to complete and is not for a grade. Completing it indicates that a student has accessed their class for the first time.
- If your courses disappear without notice, notify your instructor and contact the Registrar's Office at 919-866-5700 or [email protected].
- If you are having problems with Blackboard or ELI, call the Blackboard help line, 919-866-7000, choose Option 1 for student assistance, then 1 again for BlackBoard related issues.
If you need assistance with Moodle, contact your instructor first. If you need additional help, email [email protected].
- If you are having problems with Moodle, email eLearning Support Staff at [email protected]
- If you are having problems with course enrollment, contact the Registrar's Office at 919-866-5700.