Course Details & Registration Information
- Explain the importance of medical coding to reimbursement and the billing cycle.
- Identify all aspects of HIPAA.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ICD-10-CM manual and locate diagnosis codes after abstracting key information from the medical record.
- Demonstrate knowledge of CPT evaluation & management and locate correct codes from the CPT manual.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the CPT/HCPCS manuals and locate procedure codes after abstracting key information from the medical record.
- Apply the coding conventions and guidelines; identify the correct process for selecting codes; and analyze the types of coding errors to avoid.
- Medical coding, reimbursement, and the billing cycle
- ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Coding
- CPT & HCPCS Procedure Coding
- Coding guidelines
- This course prepares an individual for entry level healthcare coding positions and to take the CPC exam.
- Attendance 90% or above
- Overall class average of 80 or better.