Wake Tech is an American Heart Association (AHA) training center for many AHA courses. CPR is a basic skill that can be learned at various levels to help save a life, and it is a prerequisite for many areas of study, such as the Nursing and Nurse Aide programs and Medical Technology.
Course descriptions and registration information
- Upon completion of the course the student will be able to correctly demonstrate 1 & 2 rescuer CPR for Adults , infants , and children.
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED use for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED use for adult, child and infant
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- The AHA Chain of Survival
- CPR certified with an AHA certification
- Attendance 90% or above
- Written test score of 84 or higher and successful demonstration of skills