Wake Tech Foundation Scholarship Guidelines
Foundation scholarships are for students enrolled in curriculum programs only. (For information about Workforce Continuing Education scholarships, contact your area of interest or visit the Non-Credit Programs page for more information.)
Applications are accepted online from March 1 through April 30 for the upcoming academic year. Students are typically notified via email by early July, once recipients have been selected. The link to the application will be available on this site during the application period.
Applications are evaluated by a committee of Wake Tech faculty and staff. Only applicants who have received an acceptance letter from Admissions by the scholarship application deadline will be considered.
To have the best chance at receiving a scholarship awarded on the basis of financial need, we encourage you to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and supply all necessary documentation to the Financial Aid Office prior to the April 30 scholarship deadline. We understand not all students can complete a FAFSA. Students without a completed FAFSA will still be considered for all scholarships for which they qualify, but those with a completed FAFSA will have a better chance at need-based awards.
All students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA to make sure they have the best chance at being considered for all Wake Tech Foundation scholarships, as well as available federal and state aid.
Learn more about financial aid.
- The scholarship application consists of a small number of general information questions and one essay question.
- Essay prompt: How will receiving this scholarship help you achieve your educational and career goals and give back to the college or community?
- Need help with your essay? Contact Wake Tech's ILC Writing Center. They can help with brainstorming, organization and writing. All sessions are in person or online via Teams. Reach out today to schedule your appointment.
- Applicants submit one application per cycle.
- All scholarships require a GPA of at least 2.0 and a minimum enrollment of three credit hours during the semester(s) in which the scholarship is awarded. A small number of scholarships require a minimum enrollment of six credit hours during the semester(s) in which the scholarship is awarded. If you are awarded a scholarship, your scholarship offer information will tell you if you must meet the six credit hour minimum. Awardees must meet GPA and enrollment criteria for each award semester.
- Scholarships awarded through the Foundation are for use only at Wake Tech.
- Scholarships do not require repayment unless the terms of the scholarship are violated.
- All scholarships are competitive and are based on criteria established by donors.
- The selection committee assigns numerical scores to each essay question based on content, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Essays are scored by three reviewers, and scores are averaged.
- Scholarship application evaluations are anonymous. An applicant's name, ID# and demographic information are omitted during the review.
- Foundation scholarships are awarded based on the essay score and the scholarship criteria as set forth by the donor, including but not limited to demonstrated financial need, academic information (primary major, credits completed, etc.) and academic performance (GPA).
Questions? Email Maya Rosman at [email protected]