If you're interested in applying for a scholarship:
Foundation scholarships are for students enrolled in Curriculum programs only. (For information about Continuing Education scholarships, contact your area of interest or visit the Non-Credit Programs page for more information.)
Applications are accepted online (via this website) March 1–April 30, for the upcoming academic year. Students are typically notified via email by early July, once recipients have been selected. The link to the application will be available on this site during the application period. Bookmark this page and check back on or after March 1 in order to apply.
Applications are evaluated by a committee of Wake Tech faculty and staff. Only applicants who have received an acceptance letter from Wake Tech Admissions by the scholarship application deadline will be considered.
To be considered for a scholarship on the basis of financial need, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and supply all necessary documentation to the Financial Aid office prior to the April 30th scholarship deadline. Learn more about Financial Aid. All students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA to make sure they are considered for all eligible scholarships and available public aid.
- The scholarship application consists of a small number of general information questions and one essay question. (Essay prompt: How will receiving this scholarship help you achieve your educational and career goals and give back to the college or community?
- Need help with your essay? Contact Wake Tech's ILC Writing Center. They're here to help with brainstorming, organization, and writing. All sessions are online via Zoom or Teams; reach out today to schedule your appointment!
- Applicants submit ONE application per cycle
- All scholarships require GPA of at least 2.0 and a minimum enrollment of 6 credit hours during the semester(s) in which the scholarship is awarded. If awarded a scholarship, the student must meet GPA and enrollment criteria for each award semester.
- Scholarships awarded through the Foundation are only for use at Wake Tech Community College.
- Scholarships do not require repayment unless the terms of the scholarship are violated.
- All scholarships are competitive and are based on criteria established by donors.
- The selection committee assigns numerical scores to each essay question based on content, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Essays are scored by three reviewers and scores are averaged.
- Scholarship application evaluations are anonymous. An applicant's name, ID# and demographic information is omitted during the review.
- Foundation scholarships are awarded based on the essay score and the scholarship criteria as set forth by the donor, including but not limited to: demonstrated financial need, academic information (primary major, credits completed, etc.), and academic performance (GPA).
Questions? Contact Maya Rosman: [email protected]