Spring 2019 Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 4, 2019.
Spring ceremonies will be held in the NK building (the gymnasium) on Scott Northern Wake Campus. Spring ceremonies are for spring and summer graduates; there is no summer ceremony.
Ceremony times for each division will be posted mid-March 2019.
The deadline for completing the application and ordering regalia (cap and gown) is March 1st, 2019. Students who miss the deadline may participate in the next semester’s commencement ceremony provided they meet the posted deadlines. Payment of the $35 application fee must be paid by the end of the term in which student is completing.
ORDER YOUR REGALIA (cap and gown)
Barnes & Noble in partnership with regalia vendor will be responsible for regalia ordering and distribution.
*Please check back at the beginning of Spring 2019 semester for ordering regalia link and fees.
Ordering reserves your seat for the ceremony. Regalia is not available for students who miss the deadline and used or borrowed caps and gowns are not permitted.
PICK UP REGALIA/GUEST TICKETS
Date and specifics to be announced by beginning of Spring 2019 semester.
When you pick up your regalia, be sure to take advantage of the GRAD FAIR (on Southern Wake Campus and Scott Northern Wake Campus), where you can get information and resources:
- Each graduate picking up regalia will receive admission tickets for their guests. Amount of tickets will be determined after the regalia ordering deadline (click on details link for more specific questions regarding tickets).
- Talk with Financial Aid staff about completing your exit package.
- How's your resume? What do employers look for from Wake Tech graduates? Find out by bringing your resume to Career and Employment Resources table. Get help with your job search and interview skills!
- Purchase a class ring or specialty frame for your degree or diploma.
- The Communications office will be set up for free professional headshots that you can use on your LinkedIn, social media pages, or resume.
AT THE GYMNASIUM
- ARRIVE EARLY- no later than 1 hour before the ceremony start time.
- PARKING is free on Scott Northern Wake Campus. There are two parking decks at the corner of Success Way and Perry Creek Road; please use the parking deck assigned to your ceremony: https://www.waketech.edu/about-wake-tech/campuses-centers/northern/campus-map Handicap parking is available in Lot N
- ENTER THE GYMNASIUM-signs and Wake Tech staff will direct you to the graduate line-up area
- CHECK IN at the table to receive your name call card. Keep up with your card; you’ll need it to give to the reader who will call your name as you walk across the stage. The color of the card will tell you your division (according to your major) and where to get in line. If you have more than one major, choose one for the ceremony.
- BE SEATED with your division. Marshals will direct you.
Follow us on Twitter @WTCCRegistrar for the latest updates and reminders