Spring 2018 Graduation Ceremony
Saturday, May 5, 2018.
Spring graduation ceremonies will be held in the NK building (the gymnasium) on North Campus (new for Spring 2018). Spring ceremonies are for spring and summer graduates; there is no summer ceremony.
There will be 4 ceremonies. Students who ordered regalia are required to participate according to their division. Detailed information will be provided to students during regalia pickup.
CEREMONY 1 –
CEREMONY 2 –
CEREMONY 3 –
CEREMONY 4 –
Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (AHSS)
Academic Success and Transition Resources (ASTR)
Applied Engineering and Technologies (AET)
Business and Public Services Technologies (BPST )
Computer Technologies (CT)
Mathematics, Sciences and Engineering (MSE)
Health Sciences (HS )
The deadline for completing the application and ordering cap and gown is MARCH 1st. Students who miss the deadline may participate in the next semester’s graduation ceremony. Payment of the $35 grad fee must be paid by the end of the term in which student is graduating.
ORDER YOUR CAP AND GOWN
The cap and gown ordering link expired at midnight, March 1, 2018.
The next ceremony for students to participate in will be the Fall (December) 2018 ceremony. The ordering link will be available on the Fall Graduation tab by the beginning of the Fall 2018 semester.
Ordering reserves your seat for the ceremony. Caps and gowns are not available for students who miss the deadline, and used or borrowed caps and gowns are not permitted.
PICK UP CAP AND GOWN/GUEST TICKETS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
Monday, April 16, 2018 8:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Health Sciences graduates: Perry Health Sciences Campus, HS2 Building, Reception Desk
- All other graduates: Southern Wake (Main) Campus, Student Services Building (building L), Conference Center
Each graduate picking up regalia will receive 5 admission tickets for their guests.
When you pick up your cap and gown, be sure to take advantage of the GRAD FAIR (on Southern Wake (Main) Campus April 16th only), where you can get information and resources:
- Talk with Financial Aid staff about completing your exit package
- How's your resume? What do employers look for from Wake Tech graduates? Find out by bringing your resume to Career and Employment Resources table. Get help with your job search and interview skills!
- Purchase a class ring or specialty frame for your degree or diploma. Jostens' reps will be on hand
- The Communications office will be set up for free professional head shots that you can use on your LinkedIn, social media pages, or resume
AT THE GYMNASIUM
- ARRIVE EARLY- no later than 45 minutes before the ceremony start time.
- PARKING is free on North Campus. There are two parking decks at the corner of Success Way and Perry Creek Road; please use the parking deck assigned to your ceremony: https://www.waketech.edu/about-wake-tech/campuses-centers/northern/campus-map
|9:00 am: Deck #2||11:00 am: Deck #1|
|1:00 pm: Deck #2||3:00 pm: Deck #1|
Handicap parking is available in Lot N
- ENTER THE GYMNASIUM-signs and Wake Tech staff will direct you to the graduate lineup area
- CHECK IN at the table to receive your name call card. Keep up with your card; you’ll need it to give to the reader who will call your name as you walk across the stage. The color of the card will tell you your division (according to your major) and where to get in line. If you have more than one major, choose one for the ceremony.
- BE SEATED with your division. Graduation marshals will direct you.
Follow us on Twitter @WTCCRegistrar for the latest updates and reminders