Spring 2020 Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 9, 2020
Are you ready to graduate? Completion Checklist
Spring ceremonies will be held in Building N (the gymnasium) on Southern Wake Campus. Spring ceremonies are for spring and summer graduates; there is no summer ceremony.
Each ceremony will be available to view on the Wake Tech website! Visit www.waketech.edu to watch the ceremonies.
|8:30 AM Ceremony:||1:30 PM Ceremony:|
|11:00 AM Ceremony:||4:00 PM Ceremony:|
The deadline for completing the application and ordering regalia (cap and gown) is March 2, 2020. Students who miss the deadline may participate in the next semester’s commencement ceremony provided they meet the posted deadlines.
Order Your Regalia (Cap and Gown)
Orders/payment for Spring 2020 graduation ceremony will be available from January 7, 2020 until March 2, 2020 midnight.
The cost for the regalia is $40.98 plus tax; you can select the "cap and gown" icon to order the regalia only. You can also take advantage of one of the different packages offered by Herff Jones, which include additional items such as announcements, extra tassel, thank you notes, etc.
Ordering reserves your seat for the ceremony. Regalia is not available for students who miss the deadline and used or borrowed regalia is not permitted.
To ensure we have accommodations in place for graduates with disabilities, please contact Wake Tech Disability Support Services by April 22, at 919-866-5670 (Voice) or 919-324-3833 (Sorenson Video Phone).
Pick Up Regalia/Guest Tickets
April 15, from 10am-6pm
(at the following locations based on student's selection when ordering regalia)
- Southern Wake Campus, Student Services Building Conference Center, Building L
- Scott Northern Wake Campus, Building K Lobby
- Perry Health Sciences Campus, Wake Tech Campus Bookstore, Building A
When you pick-up your regalia, you will also be able to take advantage of other resources:
- Talk with Financial Aid staff about completing your exit package.
- How's your resume? What do employers look for from Wake Tech graduates? Find out by bringing your resume to Career and Employment Resources table. Get help with your job search and interview skills!
- Purchase a class ring or specialty frame for your degree or diploma.
Tickets are required to gain entrance into the ceremony. You will be given admission tickets for guests when you pick up your ordered regalia. Amount of admission tickets are determined after each regalia deadline.
For the Spring 2020 Ceremony, the number of tickets each graduate will receive for their guests will be announced mid-March to include all details of tickets.
- Arrive early – at least 1 hour before the ceremony start time to allow for check-in and lineup. There is no rehearsal, and no one will be allowed to join the processional line once it starts.
- Dress appropriately in dressy or business casual clothing underneath your regalia. Graduates without proper attire will not be allowed to participate. Appropriate footwear is advised as you will be standing for periods of time during processional lineup.
- Do not bring personal belongings other than your regalia and your photo ID. Storage is not available.
- Act appropriately. Graduates or guests whose behavior detracts from the dignity and importance of the occasion will not be allowed to participate.
- Parking is free on Southern Wake Campus. A campus parking map is available. Handicap parking is available around building N.
- Enter the Gymnasium-signs and Wake Tech staff will direct you to the graduate line-up area.
- Check in on arrival and hold on to the “name call card” that you will be given. Keep up with your card; you’ll need it to give to the Reader who will call your name as you walk across the stage. The color of the card will tell you your division (according to your major) and where to get in line.
- Be seated with your division and follow directions from marshals. In order to prevent distraction during the ceremony, graduates should remain in the graduate seating area after they walk across the stage.
- Professional photographs will be taken of each graduate on stage and made available for purchase after commencement. Graduates will receive a free color proof with a password for viewing photos online. They can arrange to receive an email notification when photos are posted by visiting www.photospecialties.com and preregistering. Students who do not receive a proof within one week should contact [email protected] or call 1-800-722-7033. Guests will not be allowed in the graduate seating area to take picture or videos during the ceremony. Guests may take pictures after the ceremony.
- The ceremony typically lasts one hour and starts on time. We ask that your guests arrive early so they can be seated before the ceremony begins. Guests will experience delays in entrance if they arrive late.
- Safety and security measures will include the monitoring of all items entering the facility. No one will be permitted to enter with the following items:
- Noise Makers
- Baby strollers and/or carriers
- Large Camera bags, book bags, backpacks, briefcases, etc.
- Gifts or packages of any kind
- Food or drink
- Other items deemed inadmissible by security personnel
Updates and Reminders
- Download the Wake Tech App, turn on notifications to receive important updates before the ceremonies.
- Follow us on Twitter @WTCCRegistrar; use #WTGrad20