Preparing For Completion
Commencement Exercises are held at the end of each fall and spring semester for all students who have earned a degree or diploma* since the previous commencement.
Fall completers participate in fall ceremonies. Spring and Summer completers participate in spring ceremonies.
* Students who have earned a certificate do not participate in ceremonies nor do they pay application fees. However, they are required to complete the Graduation Questionnaire and the Application for Degree/Diploma/Certificate (see items 1 and 2 in the Checklist below).
- Fall commencement ceremonies take place in the gymnasium on Wake Tech’s Scott Northern Wake Campus
- Spring commencement ceremonies take place in the gymnasium on Wake Tech's Scott Northern Wake Campus
General completion procedures are described below. Review the information carefully and complete the Completion Checklist to make sure you’re ready.
- Verify you have completed or are enrolled in the final prescribed courses in your program curriculum in Self-Service, continue to Student Planning, continue to "View Your Progress-Go to My Progress. View your active academic program and review with an advisor as needed.
- Complete 25% of those courses in residence at Wake Tech.
- Maintain a program GPA of at least 2.0 for Wake Tech courses listed as minimum requirements in the curriculum outline (and any other courses approved by the dean).
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the college, including application fees.
(Degrees, diplomas, transcripts, or other student records will not be released unless all accounts are cleared by announced deadlines. Payments cannot be made on commencement day.)
2. Complete the Graduate Questionaire for each degree, diploma, or certificate.
Submit to Registration & Records one of the following ways:
Registration & Student Records
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh NC 27603-5696
Southern Wake Campus: Bldg L, 243A
Scott Northern Wake Campus: Bldg B, 216
Perry Health Sciences Campus: Bldg HS2
RTP Campus, Bldg RT1, 105
4. Pay Application Fee of $35 when it appears as a charge in your account (allow up to five days after submitting your application). This fee is required for all degree and diploma students for processing of application and printing of credential. Submit payment
Log in to Self-Service, click Student Finance and Pay in Full
|In Person (Cashier):
To pay in person at one of the cashier's office, please visit the Financial Services page to confirm location and hours.
5. Order Your Regalia (cap and gown) - fees are charged separately by vendor -Barnes & Noble (Herff Jones) The price of the cap, gown and tassel is $40.98. Cap, gown and tassel is required to participate in the ceremony and reserves your seat at the ceremony. All other items are optional.
Regalia is not available for students who miss the deadline and used or borrowed caps and gowns are not permitted.
Note: If You Miss the Deadline for ordering regalia, you may participate in the next commencement ceremony provided you meet the posted deadlines.