PREPARING FOR GRADUATION
Graduation ceremonies (Commencement Exercises) are held at the end of each fall and spring semester for all students who have earned a degree or diploma* since the previous graduation. Fall graduates participate in fall ceremonies. Spring and Summer graduates participate in spring ceremonies.
* Students who have earned a certificate do not participate in graduation ceremonies nor do they pay graduation fees. However, they are required to complete the Graduation Questionnaire and the Application for Degree/Diploma/Certificate (see items 1 and 2 in the Checklist below).
- Fall graduation ceremonies take place in the gymnasium on Wake Tech’s North Campus
(beginning Fall 2017)
- Spring graduation ceremonies take place in the gymnasium on Wake Tech's North Campus
(beginning Spring 2018)
General graduation procedures are described below. Review the information carefully and complete the Graduation Checklist to make sure you’re ready.
- Verify you have completed or are enrolled in the final prescribed courses in your program curriculum in WebAdvisor, click on Plan and Register under Academics and Registration and continue to "View Your Progress" or meet with your advisor.
- Complete 25% of those courses in residence at Wake Tech.
- Maintain a program GPA of at least 2.0 for Wake Tech courses listed as minimum requirements in the curriculum outline (and any other courses approved by the dean).
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the college, including graduation fees.
(Degrees, diplomas, transcripts, or other student records will not be released unless all accounts are cleared by announced deadlines. Payments cannot be made on graduation day.)
2. COMPLETE THE GRADUATE QUESTIONNAIRE for each degree, diploma, or certificate.
Registration & Student Records
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh NC 27603-5696
Southern Wake (Main) Campus: Building L, Room 243A
Northern Wake Campus: Bldg B, Room 216
Perry Health Sciences Campus: Bldg HS2
4. PAY GRADUATION FEE of $35 when it appears as a charge in your account (allow up to five days after submitting your application). This fee is required for all degree and diploma students, even if not attending the ceremony. Submit payment
Log in to WebAdvisor and click on "Make a Payment.”
|IN PERSON (Cashier):
Southern Wake (Main) Campus: Building M
Northern Wake Campus: Bldg C
Perry Health Sciences: HEB
5. ORDER YOUR CAP AND GOWN – ordering reserves your seat for the ceremony. Click Fall or Spring semester tab (on the left menu) for link to ordering information and deadlines. Caps and gowns are not available for students who miss the deadline, and used or borrowed caps and gowns are not permitted.
NOTE: IF YOU MISS THE DEADLINE for submitting your application, you may participate in the graduation ceremony at the end of the following semester, provided you meet the deadlines posted for that ceremony.