Cooperating Raleigh Colleges
Cooperating Raleigh Colleges is the consortium of six colleges and universities in Raleigh and Wake County that allows students to study and experience campus life at different institutions of higher learning – without having to transfer. This consortium includes Wake Tech, Meredith College, North Carolina State University, William Peace University, Saint Augustine’s University, and Shaw University.
Each institution offers unique courses and programs that can enhance the college experience for any student. This includes technical, career, military science, performing arts, foreign languages, and many other courses. Full-time students at these schools can elect to take courses at any other CRC institution – it’s easy, and students simply pay tuition and fees to their home institution.
Registration procedures at each institution may vary. More information can be found on the CRC website.
Information for Wake Tech Students
To be eligible to take a CRC course, you must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Be enrolled for at least 9 credit hours for the semester at Wake Tech. (CRC course hours DO NOT count as part of the 9 hours)
- Not be in your first semester at Wake Tech. Exceptions may be made for students in the dual-degree programs, ROTC, Marching Band and/or other cooperative programs
- Have satisfied all developmental (transition) course requirements
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at Wake Tech
Complete the CRC Application and email it to [email protected]. Your application will then be forwarded to an academic advisor, dean and registrar’s office for approval. Once approved, your application will be sent to the institution – you do not have to go to the other institution to register. All communication about your application will go to the email indicated on your CRC application.
You must notify the Wake Tech Registrar’s Office that you want to withdraw. The Registrar’s Office will ask the other institution to remove your name from the course roster. Please contact the Registration and Records Coordinator.
You may take up to two CRC courses per semester during fall and spring semesters – if you are enrolled full time (at least 9 semester hours).
No. You are not allowed to take online, distance learning, or summer courses through CRC. You can only take courses with seated instruction during the fall and spring semesters. Due to COVID-19, registration for online courses is permitted at all CRC institutions for the Fall 2020 semester.
- You will NOT be charged tuition at the CRC institution; however, you will be responsible for any special fees (lab fees, sports fees, etc.) and any books or supplies required for the CRC course. These expenses are NOT covered by financial aid.
- You will be charged tuition and fees for the total number of credit hours for which you are enrolled, including CRC course(s); please note that once you are registered for a course at the visiting institution, a placeholder course will be added in your Wake Tech schedule: please DO NOT delete it.
- Registering for a course at a CRC institution will not affect your financial aid at Wake Tech. You will not receive any additional financial aid for CRC courses.
Go to http://register.waketech.edu and click on the “View For-Credit Courses” button under Prospective Student.
- Apply to Wake Tech as a Visiting Student. Go to apply.waketech.edu and complete the NC Residency Determination interview, if needed, then the Wake Tech application.
- Note: Once you are enrolled as a visiting student, DO NOT register for CRC classes yourself. The CRC application will follow its course and the CRC liaison at Wake Tech will register you for the course(s) you have been approved for.
- Complete the CRC Application with the help of the Registrar’s Office at your institution; your Registrar’s Office will then forward the CRC paperwork to the Registrar’s office at Wake Tech. You will be notified via email. You cannot complete the CRC request via the internet.
Note: If there are prerequisite requirements for your courses, you will need to send a copy of your unofficial transcript to the CRC liaison at [email protected]. You will not be registered until prerequisites are approved.
Please download the CRC Registration Checklist for Visiting Students above for step-by-step instructions to assist you with signing up for CRC at Wake Tech.
You must contact the registrar’s office at your institution. The registrar’s office will ask Wake Tech to remove your name from the course roster. Please do not withdraw from the course.
No. You are not allowed to take online, distance learning, or summer courses at Wake Tech through CRC. You can only take courses with seated instruction during the fall and spring semesters. Due to COVID-19, registration for online courses is permitted at all CRC institutions for the Fall 2020 semester.
You will not be charged tuition at Wake Tech. You will pay for tuition at your home institution. However, you will be responsible for any special fees (lab fees, art fees, etc.) and any books or supplies required for the CRC course. These expenses are not covered by Financial Aid.