Visiting Students Admissions Procedures
Follow these simple steps to take a class at Wake Tech:
- Complete the NC Residency Determination Interview.
A residency determination will be provided within 3 business days of completion. For more information regarding residency, visit: https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/
- Apply for Admissions
Enter Special Student (T90990) as your program of study/major.
- Activate Your Wake Tech Account
Go to my.waketech.edu, click the RED ACTIVATE ACCOUNT button. Activate your Wake Tech email.
- Complete the Pre-Requisite Approval Form (If a course has prerequisites that you have already completed, you must provide a transcript to verify that.)
To find out if a course has prerequisites:
- Visit webadvisor.waketech.edu (no login required)
- Click Future Student
- Click Search for Curriculum Sections
- Indicate the term you wish to search
- Indicate course subject (for example, ENG) and course number (if known)
- Click Submit
- Click course title to view prerequisites
- Request Transcript(s) from your college or university, if necessary, by downloading and completing the Request for Transcript form. (In lieu of submitting transcripts, you may choose to take placement tests. Find out more at Testing Center website.)
- Submit the Pre-requisite Form and your Transcripts in one of these ways:
- Scan and email to [email protected]
- Present in person at the Southern Wake, Perry Health Sciences, Western Wake, Northern Wake, or Public Safety Education campuses.
- Mail to Wake Tech Admissions, 9101 Fayetteville Rd, Raleigh NC 27603-5696
- Sign up for New Student Orientation in classroom or online format. Orientation is required for first-time students; all students are encouraged to attend!
- Prepare for Online Classes
Students must complete the eLearning Intro Online Learning Readiness Assessment before registering for an online course. Find out more on the eLearning Intro page.
- Select your Class(es), Register and Pay Tuition
Setup an Account, then select, register, and pay for classes via WebAdvisor
Meet with an Admissions Information Specialist on the Southern Wake (Main) Campus or Northern Wake Campus – no appointment needed!