Visiting Students Admissions Procedures
Follow these simple steps to take a class at Wake Tech:
- Complete the NC Residency Determination Interview.
A residency determination will be provided within 3 business days of completion. For more information regarding residency, visit: https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/
- Apply for Admissions
Enter Visiting Student (Special) as your program of study/major.
- Activate Your Wake Tech Account
Read any FAQs that interest you.
Select "Activate Key Account". Go through the checklist, then click the red "Ready to Activate Account" button at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the Pre-Requisite Approval Form (If a course has prerequisites that you have already completed, you must provide a transcript for verification.)
To find out if a course has prerequisites:
- Visit selfserve.waketech.edu (no login required)
- Search and Select Course Subject (e.g. ACC)
- Scroll down to desired Course Number/Name (e.g. ACC-130)
- View "Requisites" section under the course description
- Request Transcript(s) from your college or university, if necessary, by downloading and completing the Request for Transcript form.
- Submit the Pre-requisite Form and your Transcripts in one of these ways:
- Scan and email to [email protected]
- Present in person at the Southern Wake, Perry Health Sciences, Western Wake, Northern Wake, or Public Safety Education campuses.
- Mail to Wake Tech Admissions, 9101 Fayetteville Rd, Raleigh NC 27603-5696
- Sign up for New Student Orientation in the classroom or online format. Orientation is required for first-time students; all students are encouraged to attend!
- Prepare for Online Classes
Students must complete the eLearning Intro Online Learning Readiness Assessment before registering for an online course. Find out more on the eLearning Intro page.
- Select your Class(es), Register and Pay Tuition
Plan your courses,then select register, and pay for classes via Self Service (If your residency was completed some time ago it may be expired. Check your Residency Determination Service account to ensure the residency number (RCN) expiration date is after the first day of classes for your desired term.)
Meet with an Admissions Information Specialist on the Southern Wake Campus or Northern Wake Campus – no appointment needed!