New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is recommended for all incoming Wake Tech students – even those transferring from other colleges. Find out about registering for classes, financial aid, email, parking and student resources and get valuable tips from current students.
Orientation is available in both seated and online formats. Due to limited staffing, the number of seated sessions currently offered is limited. If you are unable to secure a spot for a seated orientation, note that online New Student Orientation is available 24/7 as an alternative.
Seated sessions are offered on different Wake Tech campuses and last 2½ hours (an extended session is up to 3½ hours). Optional tours are available afterwards. Sessions do not include snacks or drinks and are not appropriate for children.
- Sign up for a New Student Orientation session as soon as you’ve been admitted to Wake Tech.
(Note which campus your session is on and register guests who will come with you. Due to pandemic restrictions, we are currently allowing one adult guest.)
- To change a session, log back in and select the "Dates" tab.
- To cancel a session, email [email protected].
Benefits of seated session
- Face-to-face interaction with our orientation team and other students
- Optional campus tour
Benefits of online session
- Convenience of attending orientation anytime, anywhere
- Working at your own pace and revisiting information as needed
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App