e-Learning Intro: Online Learning Readiness Assessment
Students must complete eLearning Intro before they can register for an online course at Wake Tech. The requirement applies to all students, even visiting students, and will not be waived.
The free orientation, which is available in Blackboard and can be taken at any time, provides a series of quizzes to assess knowledge and learning modules to assist with the following:
- Online learning skills – persistence and time management skills for success online
- Preparing for online learning – reviewing device requirements, software needs, accessing and sending email and file management
- Blackboard essentials – how to navigate, communicate and collaborate on Blackboard
Each module takes between 30 minutes and two hours to complete; most students complete all three modules in one to four hours. Students must score 80 or higher on each module to move on.
After completing all three, students will have to wait about 90 minutes for records to update in Wake Tech's systems before they can register for an online course. Check priority registration dates in Records and Registration.
To access eLearning Intro:
- Log in to Blackboard using your Wake Tech username and password
- Click on eLearning Intro in your course list
For questions, technical assistance or more information, call Wake Tech's Blackboard Help Desk at 919-866-7000 or email [email protected] Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. For after-hours or weekend assistance, call Blackboard Student Services toll-free at 866-471-4252 or check out its online resources.