e-Learning Intro: Online Learning Readiness Assessment
Interested in taking an online course? Start with the eLearning Intro!
If you are new to online learning at Wake Tech, you must complete eLearning Intro before you can register for an online course.
eLearning Intro is a FREE orientation available in Blackboard. You can take it at any time! It provides a series of quizzes to assess your knowledge and learning modules to assist you with:
- Online Learning Expectations: persistence and time management skills for success online
- Using the Computer: for completing assignments and assessments online
- Blackboard Bootcamp: how to navigate, communicate, and collaborate on Blackboard
Each module takes between 30 minutes and 2 hours to complete; most students complete all three modules in 1 to 4 hours. You must score 90 or higher on the pre-test or post-test of each module to move on to the next one. After you’ve completed all three, you’ll be able to register for an online course in approximately 2 to 3 hours.
Be sure to check your priority registration dates on the Records and Registration Web Page.
Note that the eLearning Intro requirement applies to all new students and will not be waived.
To access the eLearning Intro:
- Log in to Blackboard using your Wake Tech username and password.
- Click on eLearning Intro in your Course List.
For questions, technical assistance, or more information:
|Monday - Friday, 7 a.m.–5 p.m.||[email protected]|
|Monday - Friday, 7 a.m.–5 p.m.||
Blackboard Help Desk
|After Hours||Blackboard Student Services