As a Wake Tech student or employee, you are eligible for a FREE regional GoPass! The GoPass allows you to ride any local or regional bus route for free. This includes all buses in GoTriangle, GoRaleigh, GoCary and GoDurham systems.
To be eligible, you must currently be enrolled in a seated Wake Tech class and have a current, valid Wake Tech ID. All full and part-time employees are eligible for GoPasses.
To get your GoPass, visit the ID/parking office:
- Southern Wake Campus: Building A (Holding Hall) - 102
- Northern Wake Campus: Building D - 103
- Perry Health Sciences Campus: Building A - 145
- RTP Campus: Building RT1 - 109
- Beltline Education Center
To use your GoPass:
- Visit gotriangle.org or Google Maps to plan your trip, which bus to ride, and when and where to board. You may also contact Wake Tech’s Transportation Coordinator for additional assistance.
- Tap your GoPass on the electronic fare box in the bus (next to the driver).
- Show the bus driver your Wake Tech ID when prompted.
GoPasses will be deactivated for students who lose their pass, do not comply with requirements, or are no longer enrolled.
Don’t lose your GoPass! The pass is good through January 31, 2022 and must be replaced in the ID/parking office.
The GoPass IS NOT transferable – it is valid only for the student to whom it was issued.
Riding the Bus to Your Campus
If you are interested in planning your transit commute, start simple with Google Maps. You can click the Transit icon at the top of the directions box to see your full commute by bus. For additional assistance, contact Jenna Craddock at [email protected]
Southern Wake Campus
- GoRaleigh Route 40X Map and Schedule
The 40X is a direct bus route to Southern Wake Campus from GoRaleigh Station in Raleigh. It is FREE to ride with a valid Wake Tech ID. The 40X operates on a modified schedule during student breaks when the college is still open and on its summer schedule during the summer semester.
- GoTriangle Route FRX Map and Schedule
FRX | Hilltop Food Lion Park-and-Ride moved to Wake Tech South Park-and-Ride facility.
Effective October 11
Scott Northern Wake Campus
- GoRaleigh Route 1 Map and Schedule
- GoRaleigh Route 25L Map and Schedule
- GoTriangle Route NRX - Scott Northern Wake Campus to RTP Campus
- GoRaleigh Route 401X - From Rolesville
From GoRaleigh Station, take GoRaleigh route 1 to Triangle Town Center. At Triangle Town Center, get on GoRaleigh route 25L and you will arrive at Wake Tech's Northern Wake Campus in less than 15 minutes. When leaving Northern Wake Campus to head back to Triangle Town Center to catch route 1, look for the bus that has “TO CARLOS DRIVE” on its digital sign.
Traveling between Southern Wake Campus and Northern Wake Campus is easy! Take route 40X from Southern Wake Campus to GoRaleigh Station where you will get on route 1, and then jump on the 25L at the Triangle Town Center stop.
Perry Health Sciences Campus
From GoRaleigh Station, take GoRaleigh route 15 to the stop at WakeMed at Wake Tech bus stop. Or, take route 19 and get off at Calumet and Sunnybrook.
Beltline Education Center
From GoRaleigh Station, take GoRaleigh route 2 to Wake Forest Road. The Bush Street Shuttle that connects the Wake Forest Road stop to Wake Tech’s Beltline Education Center on Bush Street.
Public Safety Education Campus
- GoRaleigh Route 40X Map and Schedule - Wake Tech Express
- GoRaleigh Route 7 Map and Schedule - South Saunders
You can either take the 40X from Southern Wake Campus OR GoRaleigh Station to the State Employees Credit Union/Chapanoke Road and Hammond Road stop (you will have to walk a half-mile up Chapanoke Road to get to the Public Safety Education Campus) or take GoRaleigh route 7 and get off at the Wilmington Street and Chapanoke Road stop (by Bojangles).
Route 310 connects the Regional Transit Center to RTP Campus. There are many ways to get to the Regional Transit Center:
- From Raleigh: GoTriangle Route 100
- From Durham: GoTriangle Route 700
- From Chapel Hill: GoTriangle Route 800
- From Cary: GoTriangle Route 300