Green Trek is an initiative started by Wake Tech to encourage students and employees to use more sustainable forms of transportation. We want to move away from driving in a car alone to carpools, buses, bicycles and walking. The goal is to reduce the number of vehicle miles traveled by decreasing the number of cars on the road. This is a regional partnership effort that also includes GoRaleigh, GoTriangle, the North Carolina Department of Transportation and other agencies and organizations.
Explore your transportation options
Green Trek maps
May 1, 2022
April 7, 2022
Old McCullers Road near the Southern Wake Campus will be closed on Tuesday, April 12, and Thursday, April 14, for bridge construction along N.C. Highway 540 over Old McCullers Road. Students, faculty, staff and visitors should plan to access campus from the three main entrances on U.S. Highway 401: Wake Tech Way, Tech Road and Learning Way. Road closure and detour signs have been installed. The work is weather-dependent.
March 7, 2022
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some GoRaleigh routes are not operating, including ones that go to Wake Tech campuses. The NRX route that serves the Scott Northern Wake Campus is suspended, as well as the Bush Street Shuttle that serves the Beltline Education Center. We will inform everyone if there is an update regarding these routes.
December 8, 2021
Southern Wake Campus (road upgrades, new bus stop and carpool drop-off)
- Road improvements continue in front of Southern Wake Campus to make way for N.C. Highway 540.
- Temporary lane shifts are in place on U.S. Highway 401 for approximately 18 months as construction progresses on the bridges over N.C. 540.
- Old McCullers Road is permanently closed at the intersection with U.S. 401.
- Students are encouraged to use Learning Way (stoplight entrance) to access the campus and the new carpool drop-off.
- Beginning January 3, 2022, the 40X bus stop in Lot B will move to the new bus stop in Lot D.
- There is a new dedicated carpool lane in Lot D for passenger drop-off. As of January 6, 2022, the current passenger drop-off location near Buildings A & B will no longer be accessible.
October 12, 2021
Beltline Education Center (Raleigh sidewalk project)
Navaho Drive between Wake Forest Road and Bush Street will be closed starting October 18, 2021, and remain closed until the end of Spring 2022.
Southern Wake Campus (N.C. 540 project)
- Donny Brook Road closed at U.S. Highway 401 on October 11 and was shifted to Chandler Ridge Circle/Wake Tech Way at U.S. 401.
- Old McCullers Road at U.S. 401 will close at the end of November 2021.
- Old McCullers Road between Ten-Ten Road and Advantage Way will reopen at the end of November 2021.
March 11, 2021
GoRaleigh 40X bus route (serving Southern Wake Campus) will remain on its modified schedule until further notice. Students and employees will be surveyed to determine when service should increase.
October 16, 2020
Parking changes at Scott Northern Wake Campus
With fewer cars on campus and as a cost-savings measure, Parking Deck 1 and the upper levels of Parking Deck 2 are closed until further notice. The lower two levels of Parking Deck 2 and surface lots across campus will remain open for students and employees. Please reference this campus map for parking locations at NWC.
New Park & Ride for GoTriangle FRX route at Southern Wake Campus
The Southern Wake Campus Park & Ride lot for the GoTriangle FRX route is open at the corner of Daffodil Lane and Learning Way, near U.S. Highway 401, providing connectivity between Fuquay-Varina and Raleigh. All Wake Tech Regional GoPass holders may use this transit service at no cost.
Wake Tech students and employees may pick up a free Regional GoPass at any campus ID office at the following campuses. A valid Wake Tech ID is required.
- Southern Wake Campus
- Scott Northern Wake Campus
- Perry Health Sciences Campus
- Beltline Education Center