Green Trek is a green initiative started by Wake Tech to encourage students and employees to use more sustainable forms of transportation. We want to move away from driving in a car alone to carpools, buses, bicycles, and walking! The goal is to reduce the number of Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) by decreasing cars on the road. This is a regional partnership effort that includes Wake Tech, GoRaleigh, GoTriangle, NCDOT, and others.
Explore Your Transportation Options!
DECEMBER 8, 2021
Southern Wake Campus (Road Upgrades, New Bus Stop and Carpool Drop Off)
- Road improvements continue in front of Southern Wake Campus to make way for NC 540.
- Temporary lane shifts are now in place on U.S. 401 and Old McCullers Road is permanently closed at the intersection with U.S. 401. U.S. 401 will remain in the shifted lanes for approximately 18 months as construction progresses on the U.S. 401 bridges over NC 540.
- Old McCullers Road is now permanently closed at the intersection with U.S. 401.
- Students are encouraged to utilize the additional campus entrance at Learning Way (stoplight entrance) to access the campus and new carpool drop off
- Beginning January 3, 2022, the 40X bus stop in parking Lot B will move to the new bus stop in Lot D.
- There is a new dedicated carpool lane in Lot D for passenger drop-off. As of January 6 (the first day of the spring 2022 semester), the current passenger drop-off location near Buildings A & B will no longer be accessible for use.
OCTOBER 12, 2021
Beltline Education Center (City of Raleigh Sidewalk Project)
Navaho Drive (between Wake Forest Road and Bush Street) will be closed starting October 18 and remain closed until the end of Spring 2022.
Southern Wake Campus (NC DOT 540 Project)
- Donny Brook Road closed at US 401 on October 11 and was shifted to Chandler Ridge Circle/Wake Tech Way at U.S. 401.
- Old McCullers Road at U.S. 401 will close at the end of November 2021.
- Old McCullers Road between Ten-Ten Road and Advantage Way will reopen at the end of November 2021.
APRIL 23, 2021
May is Bike Month! Visit Raleigh's bike month page to check out the events going on in our area.
MARCH 11, 2021
GoRaleigh 40X bus route (serving Southern Wake Campus) will remain on its MODIFIED SCHEDULE until further notice. Students and employees will be surveyed to determine when service should increase.
FEBRUARY 3, 2021
US-401/Fayetteville Road Closure Saturday, February 6th (4am-1pm)
US-401 will be closed and detours will be active on Saturday, February 6th between the hours or 4am and 1pm.
JANUARY 7, 2021
ROAD CLOSURE - Old McCullers Road at Southern Wake Campus
Beginning January 4, Old McCullers Road on the north side of Wake Tech’s Southern Wake Campus will temporarily close to through traffic between Fayetteville Road (U.S. 401) and Advantage Way. Old McCullers Road will be completely closed at Tech Road, near the campus’s Building P - Automotive and Heavy Equipment Technology Building.
The changes are due to the construction of NC 540 (the Triangle Expressway), which is being extended from NC 55 Bypass in Holly Springs to I-40.
Students and employees are encouraged to enter campus via the three entrances on Fayetteville Road – Wake Tech Way, Learning Way or Tech Road. Automotive students and faculty should park in parking lot P and access the building at the designated COVID entrance at the front of the building. Students and faculty can access parking lot P from any of the three campus entrances off Fayetteville Road or from Advantage Way.
A detour route has been set up on the north side of campus, directing drivers from Ten-Ten Road to the back side of Old McCullers Road.
Road closure and detour signs have been installed. This section of Old McCullers Road, between Tech Road and Advantage Way, is scheduled to remain closed for approximately three months while contractors perform culvert construction.
Please review the maps below to see the location of the road closure and detour route.
OCTOBER 16, 2020
Parking Changes Coming to Scott Northern Wake Campus
With fewer cars on campus and as a cost-savings measure, Parking Deck 1 and the upper levels of Parking Deck 2 at Scott Northern Wake Campus will close today (October 16) until further notice. The lower two levels of Parking Deck 2 will remain open for students and employees as well as surface lots across campus. Please reference this campus map for parking locations at NWC.
UPDATE: New PARK & RIDE for GoTriangle FRX Route at Southern Wake Campus
The Southern Wake Campus Park & Ride for the GoTriangle FRX route https://gotriangle.org/maps-schedules/gotriangle/frx is now open! The new Park and Ride lot is located at the corner of Daffodil Lane and Learning Way, near US-401 View Google Map and provides connectivity between Fuquay-Varina and Raleigh. All current Wake Tech Regional GoPass holders may use this transit service at no cost.
There will be NO SERVICE to Southern Wake Campus (GoRaleigh route 40X) on the following dates as the college will be closed:
- Friday, April 2, 2021 - Good Friday
- Monday, May 31, 2021 - Memorial Day
- Monday, July 5, 2021 - Independence Day (observed)
The 40X will operate on a MODIFIED SCHEDULE on the following dates:
- The 40X is currently operating on a modified schedule until further notice.
For more information, visit GoRaleigh 40X Route.
Wake Tech students and employees may pick up a free Regional GoPass at any campus ID office at the following campuses. A valid Wake Tech ID is required.
- Southern Wake Campus
- Scott Northern Wake Campus
- Perry Health Sciences Campus
- Beltline Education Center
Note: Visit the Campus Police website for up to date ID Office information.
New PARK & RIDE for GoTriangle FRX Route at Southern Wake Campus
Wake Tech expects additional bus service for the Southern Wake Campus to begin in mid-October 2020 when GoTriangle and Wake Tech open a new Park and Ride on campus for the FRX Route. The new Park and Ride lot is located at the corner of Daffodil Lane and Learning Way, just off of US-401. This new stop will connect Fuquay-Varina area residents with the campus. All current Wake Tech GoPass holders may use this transit service at no cost. For more information, visit GoTriangle FRX Route.