Fall 2019 Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, December 14, 2019
Are you ready to graduate? Completion Checklist
Fall commencement ceremonies will be held in Building K (the gymnasium) on Scott Northern Wake Campus. Fall ceremonies are for fall graduates.
|8:30 a.m. Ceremony:
||11:00 a.m. Ceremony:
|Business and Public Services Technologies||
Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
|Information Technology||Health Sciences|
|Mathematics, Sciences, and Engineering||Applied Engineering and Technologies|
The deadline for completing the application and ordering regalia (cap and gown) is October 1, 2019. Students who miss the deadline may participate in the next semester’s commencement ceremony provided they meet the posted deadlines.
Order Your Regalia (Cap and Gown)
Your regalia order is made through the Wake Tech Campus Bookstore, in partnership with Herff Jones. They are accepting orders/payment for the fall 2019 graduation ceremony from August 1, 2019 until October 1, 2019 midnight.
NOTE: All questions related to regalia should be directed to the Wake Tech Campus Bookstore.
The cost for the regalia is $40.98 plus tax; you can select the "cap and gown" icon to order the regalia only. You can also take advantage of one of the different packages offered by Herff Jones, which include additional items such as announcements, extra tassel, thank you notes, etc.
Ordering your regalia reserves your seat for the ceremony. Regalia is not available for students who miss the deadline, and used or borrowed regalia is not permitted.
To ensure we have accommodations in place for graduates with disabilities, please contact Wake Tech Disability Support Services by November 20 at 919-866-5670 (Voice) or 919-324-3833 (Sorenson Video Phone).
Pick Up Regalia (Cap and Gown)
November 13, from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
(at the following locations based on student's selection when ordering regalia):
- Southern Wake Campus, Student Services Building Conference Center, Building L
- Scott Northern Wake Campus, Building K Lobby
- Perry Health Sciences Campus, Barnes & Noble Bookstore, Building A
When you pick-up your regalia, you will also be able to take advantage of other resources:
- Talk with Financial Aid staff about completing your exit package.
- How's your resume? What do employers look for from Wake Tech graduates? Find out by bringing your resume to Career and Employment Resources table. Get help with your job search and interview skills!
- Purchase a class ring or specialty frame for your degree or diploma.
Tickets are required to gain entrance into the ceremony. Fall 2019 graduates will be given six admission tickets for guests when picking up your ordered regalia.
- Graduates DO NOT need a ticket.
- Every guest must have an admission ticket, including children over the age of two.
- Children two and under, may attend without a ticket but child must sit on lap of an adult. If children two and under will be taking a seat, then a ticket is required. Baby carriers and strollers are not permitted.
- Sorry, there are no options for graduates to request or purchase additional tickets.
- Arrive early – at least 1 hour before the ceremony start time to allow for check-in and lineup. There is no rehearsal, and no one will be allowed to join the processional line once it starts.
- Dress appropriately in dressy or business casual clothing underneath your regalia. Graduates without proper attire will not be allowed to participate. Graduate lineup is on a different level than the ceremony so appropriate footwear is advised as you will be standing for periods of time as well as navigating stairs during processional.
- Do not bring personal belongings other than your regalia and your photo ID. Storage is not available.
- Act appropriately. Graduates or guests whose behavior detracts from the dignity and importance of the occasion will not be allowed to participate.
- Parking is free on Scott Northern Wake Campus. There are two parking decks at the corner of Success Way and Perry Creek Road; please use the parking deck assigned to your ceremony: https://www.waketech.edu/about-wake-tech/campuses-centers/northern/campus-map Handicap parking is available in Lot N
- Enter the Gymnasium-signs and Wake Tech staff will direct you to the graduate line-up area.
- Check in on arrival and hold on to the “name call card” that you will be given. Keep up with your card; you’ll need it to give to the Reader who will call your name as you walk across the stage. The color of the card will tell you your division (according to your major) and where to get in line.
- Be seated with your division and follow directions from marshals. In order to prevent distraction during the ceremony, graduates should remain in the graduate seating area after they walk across the stage.
- Professional photographs will be taken of each graduate on stage and made available for purchase after commencement. Graduates will receive a free color proof with a password for viewing photos online. They can arrange to receive an email notification when photos are posted by visiting www.photospecialties.com and preregistering. Students who do not receive a proof within one week should contact [email protected] or call 1-800-722-7033. Guests will not be allowed in the graduate seating area to take pictures or video during the ceremony. Guests may take photographs after the ceremony.
- The ceremony typically lasts one hour and starts on time. We ask that your guests arrive early so they can be seated before the ceremony begins. Guests will experience delays in entrance if they arrive late.
- Safety and security measures will include the monitoring of all items entering the facility. No one will be permitted to enter with the following items:
- Noise Makers
- Baby strollers and/or carriers
- Large Camera bags, book bags, backpacks, briefcases, etc.
- Gifts or packages of any kind
- Food or drink
- Other items deemed inadmissible by security personnel
Updates and Reminders
- Download the Wake Tech App, turn on notifications to receive important updates before the ceremonies.
- Follow us on Twitter @WTCCRegistrar; use #WTGrad19