Fall 2018 Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, December 8, 2018
Fall commencement ceremonies will be held in the NK building (the gymnasium) on Scott Northern Wake Campus. Fall ceremonies are for fall graduates.
9:00 AM Ceremony:
Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
Applied Engineering and Technologies
12:00 PM Ceremony:
Business and Public Services Technologies
Mathematics, Sciences, and Engineering
The deadline for completing the application and ordering regalia (cap and gown) is OCTOBER 1st, 2018. Students who miss the deadline may participate in the next semester’s commencement ceremony provided they meet the posted deadlines. Payment of the $35 application fee must be paid by the end of the term in which student is completing.
ORDER YOUR REGALIA (cap and gown)
Barnes & Noble in partnership with regalia vendor Herff Jones conducts online ordering and distribution.
They are accepting orders/payment for Fall 2018 graduation ceremony now until October 1, 2018 midnight.
The cost for the regalia is $40.98 plus tax; you can select the "cap and gown" icon to order the regalia only. You can also take advantage of one of the different packages offered by Herff Jones, which include additional items such as announcements, extra tassel, thank you notes, etc.
Ordering reserves your seat for the ceremony. Regalia is not available for students who miss the deadline, and used or borrowed regalia is not permitted.
PICK UP REGALIA
November 8, 2018 from 10am-6pm
(at the following locations based on student's selection when ordering regalia):
- Southern Wake Campus,Student Services Building Conference Center (SL)
- Scott Northern Wake Campus, Building K Lobby
- Perry Health Sciences Campus,Barnes & Noble Bookstore, Building HA
When you pick up your regalia, be sure to take advantage of the GRAD FAIR (on Southern Wake Campus & Scott Northern Wake Campus pickup locations), where you can get information and resources:
- Each graduate picking up ordered regalia from all three campuses will receive admission tickets for their guests. Specific information regarding tickets can be found on the Details page.
- Talk with Financial Aid staff about completing your exit package.
- How's your resume? What do employers look for from Wake Tech graduates? Find out by bringing your resume to Career and Employment Resources table. Get help with your job search and interview skills!
- Purchase a class ring or specialty frame for your degree or diploma.
AT THE GYMNASIUM
- ARRIVE EARLY- no later than 1 hour before the ceremony start time.
- PARKING is free on Scott Northern Wake Campus. There are two parking decks at the corner of Success Way and Perry Creek Road; please use the parking deck assigned to your ceremony: https://www.waketech.edu/about-wake-tech/campuses-centers/northern/campus-map Handicap parking is available in Lot N
- ENTER THE GYMNASIUM-signs and Wake Tech staff will direct you to the graduate lineup area.
- CHECK IN at the table to receive your name call card. Keep up with your card; you’ll need it to give to the Reader who will call your name as you walk across the stage. The color of the card will tell you your division (according to your major) and where to get in line. If you have more than one major, choose one for the ceremony.
- BE SEATED with your division. Marshals will direct you.
Follow us on Twitter @WTCCRegistrar for the latest updates and reminders