Professional Skills & Development
Wake Tech's professional development courses are specifically designed to enhance your resume. These courses give you skills such as how to compose executive reports and organizational procedures; how to communicate between generations and cultures; and more.
Need help writing your resume or preparing for job interviews?
Explore our skills training for job seekers courses.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have learned ethical behavior in the workplace, business etiquette, written and verbal communication and effective customer service.
- have understood causes of workplace stress and how to handle them.
- have learned records Management, different types of meetings, making travel arrangements, and understand the functions of management.
- have learned how to create and edit formulas, audit equations, and present information in charts and table.
- have learned how to create and format professional business documents, including mail merges, Web pages, and interactive forms.
- have learned how to create and modify slide presentations, including editing graphics, formatting text and text boxes, and animating objects and transitions.
- have understood how to create and edit Outlook objects, such as e-mail, meetings, tasks, and contacts.
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2016
- Advanced Microsoft Excel 2016
- Microsoft Excel Final Exam
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2016
- Intermediate Microsoft Word 2016
- Advanced Microsoft Word 2016
- Microsoft Word 2016 Final Exam
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 Final Exam
- Introduction to Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Outlook Final Exam
- Administrative Professional
- Customer Service
- Goal Setting and Time Management
- Working with Difficult People
- Business Writing
We highly recommend that you use Firefox or Chrome in place of other web browsers.
Adobe Acrobat Reader or an alternative software application to open and read PDF files is required. You will also need Microsoft Office Professional 2016 Suite or the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 Suite for this program as there are no free trials. Both can be purchased online directly through Microsoft or other retail outlets.
Manuals are included as downloadable PDFs throughout the program.
- Attendance 80% or above