Professional Skills & Development
Wake Tech's professional development courses are specifically designed to enhance your resume. These courses give you skills such as how to compose executive reports and organizational procedures; how to communicate between generations and cultures; and more.
Need help writing your resume or preparing for job interviews?
Explore our skills training for job seekers courses.
Course Details & Registration Information
- (1) have received and discovered new ideas and skills to incorporate into their professional repertoire for gaining employment;
(2) have had the opportunity to evaluate, synthesize and discriminate information that is relatable and applicable to their job search and professional development;
(3) have gained a current real-world perspective of opportunities, skills development and challenges for a career transition;
(4) have networked with other job seeking professionals.
- Lectures, lessons or activities will fall under one of the following core components and competency areas: Assessment, Self-Concept, Employability Skills, Communication Skills, Problem-Solving Skills and Information Technology. Lectures and topics (titles) will be determined on the availability of the speaker, and would include titles such as, but not limited to, the following in order to support HRD's components and competency areas.
1. Behavioral Interviews
2. Power Stories: Pitches and PARs
3. Critical Communications in Job Search
4. Using research to Power a Winning Job Search
5. Handling the Interview: Strategies and Tactics
6. How to Really Prepare for an Interview
7. Compensation - From the Company's Perspective
8. Research for Winning job Search
9. Income Tax & Finance Organization Tips for Job Seekers
10. Wake Tech HRD/CRC Overview
11. Leveraging LinkedIn
12.Facing the Interview - Strategies
13. Regain Your Vision
14. Communication Strategies for landing a Job
15. Your Rights as A Job Seeker
16. A Recruiter's Perspective
17. Getting Along in the Workplace?
18. How to Overcome Stressful Situations So You Can Move On
19. How to Increase Your Influence, Credibility and Confidence
20. What Are You Worth?
21. Personal Branding
22. Networking: A New Mindset
23. World of Triangle Non-Profits, Volunteering and Job Opportunities
- Attendance 80% or above
- There is no attendance requirement to successfully complete this course.