Cosmetology School (Non-credit)
Workforce Continuing Education School of Cosmetology
Learn the art of cosmetology in Wake Tech's streamlined, non-degree School of Cosmetology program. Prepare yourself to be workforce ready by focusing solely on hands-on training and preparing for the N.C. Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners certification exam.
|See all salon services open to the public||Make a Cosmetology Appointment||Make a Natural Hair Appointment|
Monday, January 25, 2021
A free day-long virtual summit designed specifically to inform barbers, natural hair practitioners, and cosmetologists of information, best practices, and resources that can help them create a sustainable, lifestyle-supporting business in their profession.
Required Information Sessions
Attend a mandatory information session to learn about registration fees, admission requirements, books, kits, uniforms, and program schedule. You must attend an information session before you can register for this course.
Requirements for Registration:
- Government-issued ID
- Social Security number or Tax ID number
- High School Diploma/GED or CRC and Money Order in order to register for this course.
Cosmetology Information Sessions
These sessions are for Cosmetology only. View Information Sessions for Natural Hair Specialist.
No children are allowed to attend the Information Sessions.
|Please check back for upcoming Information Sessions.|
Industry-recognized credential: North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Arts
Complete in: 14 months or less (1,584 hour program)
Course Details & Registration Information
- safely and competently apply cosmetology concepts of all phases of cosmetology in a salon setting.
- take the Cosmetic Arts Board Theory and Practical exams.
- demonstrate proper professional hygiene, grooming, and attitude
- communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- accurately select and use appropriate commercial products on customers hair and skin.
- demonstrate a high level of workmanship and craft.
- perform and thrive in a multicultural diverse environment.
- demonstrate mastery of manipulative skills.
- achieve gainful employment in the cosmetology industry.
- Instructor will reinforce rules, regulations, and safety methods to prevent salon accidents and ensure sanitation procedures are followed.
- Course will provide opportunities for students to work with live models to practice client consultations, effective communication and record-keeping.
- Instructor will reinforce methods regarding coloring, hair-cutting and foiling techniques.
- At the end of training, students will receive a certificate of completion and will be able to register to take the Cosmetology exam.
Bilingual Milady Theory Workbook
Bilingual Milady Exam Review book
Student Cosmetology Kit
- Attendance 95% or above
- Satisfactory completion of assignments and salon services with an average grade of 80.
- Licensed Cosmetologist
- Bilingual Continuing Education Cosmetology II Intermediate - COS-3201K7
- Bilingual Continuing Education Cosmetology III - Advanced - COS-3201J7
- Continuing Education Cosmetology I Introduction - COS-3201E7
- Continuing Education Cosmetology III - Advanced - COS-3201G7
- Continuing Education Cosmetology II - Intermediate - COS-3201F7