Wake Tech offers a variety of non-degree, short classes and certificate training programs in biotechnology, including hands-on training in biomanufacturing and biopharmaceutical operations in a simulated industrial, current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) environment.
For those interested in earning a degree to work in the biotech industry, visit Wake Tech's Biotechnology Department.
Financial assistance available
Course details and registration information
- Explain the need for aseptic gowning in aseptic processing.
- Describe the different stages of aseptic gowning.
- Understand the appropriate procedure for sterile gloving and aseptic gowning.
- Review the various aseptic gowning techniques used in industry.
- Convey proper and improper cleanroom behaviors.
- Discuss environmental and personnel monitoring and microbiology in the context of cleanroom gowning.
- Identify the phases for developing an aseptic gowning qualification program.
- Gowning terminology
- Improper gowning citations and warning letters
- Sterile gloving
- Aseptic gowning
- Environmental and personnel monitoring
- Microbiology basics
- Phases to develop an aseptic gowning qualification program
- Current events: Personal protective equipment
- Attendance 100%
- 100% Completion of 12 module assessments
- Must achieve at least 80% on final assessment to receive credit
- Production Operators
- Manufacturing Technicians
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Quality Control Personnel
- Quality Assurance Personnel
- Maintenance Personnel
- Process Engineers
- FDA Auditors
- Aseptic Processing Level I - SEF-79964
- Aseptic Processing Level II - SEF-79974
- Cleanroom Gowning Certification - SEF-79244
- Elements of Current Good Manufacturing Practices in Biomanufacturing Processes - SEF-79524