Professional Skills & Development
Wake Tech's professional development courses are specifically designed to enhance your resume. These courses give you skills such as how to compose executive reports and organizational procedures; how to communicate between generations and cultures; and more.
Need to train a large group of people on leadership or technical skills?
Corporate & Business Solutions will customize any of these courses to meet your needs.
[Learn more about customized courses.]
Need help writing your resume or preparing for job interviews?
Explore our skills training for job seekers courses.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Participants will learn to:
1. Identify project management concepts and navigate the Project 2016 environment.
2. Create and define a new project plan.
3. Create and organize tasks.
4. Manage resources in a project plan.
5. Finalize a project plan.
- 1. Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
Topic A: Identify Project Management Concepts
Topic B: Navigate the Microsoft Project 2016 Environment
2. Lesson 2: Defining a Project
Topic A: Create a New Project Plan
Topic B: Define a Project
Topic C: Assign a Project Calendar
3. Lesson 3: Creating and Organizing Tasks
Topic A: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
Topic B: Import Tasks From Other Programs
Topic C: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
Topic D: Define Task Relationships
Topic E: Schedule Tasks
4. Lesson 4: Managing Project Plan Resources
Topic A: Add Resources to a Project Plan
Topic B: Create a Resource Calendar
Topic C: Enter Costs for Resources
Topic D: Assign Resources to Tasks
Topic E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
5. Lesson 5: Finalizing a Project Plan
Topic A: Optimize a Project Plan
Topic B: Set a Baseline
- Attendance 90% or above