Professional Skills & Development
Wake Tech's professional development courses are specifically designed to enhance your resume. These courses give you skills such as how to compose executive reports and organizational procedures; how to communicate between generations and cultures; and more.
Need help writing your resume or preparing for job interviews?
Explore our skills training for job seekers courses.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Be able to function as part-time members of Lean Six Sigma process improvement action teams within their functional areas.
- Work under the supervision and mentorship of a Black Belt.
- May be associate team leaders in a closely scoped project or sub-project.
- In less complex organizations, Green Belts may lead process improvement efforts.
- Apply DMAIC methodology to organize project thinking and work
- Apply the DMAIC methodology using lean tools and graphical data analysis tools
- Develop and communicate a Project Charter
- Apply basic project management skills to identify and manage tasks
- Construct high level process maps (SIPOC)
- Capture Voice of the Customer (VOC) and convert into measureable Critical to Quality (CTQ) Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Understand of Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Compare the process to specifications using Capability Analysis (Cp, CPk)
- Develop data collection plans
- Use Pareto Charts to rank categories and apply the 80/20 rule
- Construct Run Charts, Scatter Plots, Box Plots, Bar Charts, Multi-Vari Charts and Histograms to identify process trends and sources of variation
- Construct Cycle Time ( Line Balance) charts
- Compute Takt time and assess work-load balance
- Understand the role of statistics to model and predict real processes
- Calculate descriptive statistics of a data set
- Determine if a data set is normally distributed
- Understand the concept of statistical probability (P-value) using Standard Normal, Z, statistics
- Evaluate statistical correlation between two variables
- Describe the Y=f(X’s) concept of modeling inputs and outputs
- Model input/output relationships using Regression analysis
- Compare process means and proportions
- Describe the purpose and benefits of Design of Experiment (DOE)
- Construct basic DOE designs
- Understand the basics of Statistical Process Control (SPC) Chart construction
- Interpret SPC charts
- Develop control plans
- Implement Visual Controls
- Implement TPM practices to improve process reliability
- Establish and document standard work
- Attendance 80% or above