Professional Skills & Development
Wake Tech's professional development courses are specifically designed to enhance your resume. These courses give you skills such as how to compose executive reports and organizational procedures; how to communicate between generations and cultures; and more.
Need help writing your resume or preparing for job interviews?
Explore our skills training for job seekers courses.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have completed skill, interest and work value self-assessments and identified occupations suitable for their interests and abilities;
- researched the work environments, knowledge, and skills required for occupations that align with their personal interests;
- documented salaries, job outlooks, and educational requirements for specific occupations of interest;
- discovered how to further explore occupations of interest;
- and learned how to find and meet business professionals working in desired occupations and how to build a strong business network.
- Overview of Career Clusters and Career Pathways. Complete Skills, Interests, and Value Assessments
- Use On-line Tools to Identify Careers that Align with Assessment Results
- Research Occupations of Interest and Required Skills, Education, Salaries and Job Outlook
- Develop a Networking Plan
- Attendance 90% or above
- Exploring Information Technology & Cybersecurity Careers - HRD-3004BO2
- Craft a Resume That Generates Employer Interest - HRD-3001BZ2
- Career Readiness for the Human Resources Assistant - HRD-3001AM2
- Pathways to a Real Estate Career: Exploring How to Start Buying, Selling & Flipping Houses - HRD-3004BF2
- Career Pathway for Meeting and Event Planners - HRD-3004BK2