Wake Tech's professional development courses are specifically designed to enhance your resume. These courses give you skills such as how to compose executive reports and organizational procedures, how to communicate between generations and cultures and more.
Need help writing your resume or preparing for job interviews? Visit Wake Tech's Career Services Office.
Course details and registration information
- have explored self-assessment tools to determine probable career interests;
- have identified administrative assistant positions, titles, and roles;
- have learned about salary ranges for fastest growing administrative assistant category of occupations in North Carolina;
- have learned how to become a professional through understanding work load management, workplace ethics, team work, and communication skills;
- have identified better customer focus skills;
- have better understanding on how technology is used with administrative assistant job duties;
- have learned the different resources available for further education and career opportunities.
- Module 1 - Registration and Assessing Skills and Interests
- Module 2 - The Workplace - professional attributes, managing workload
- Module 3 - Workplace Environment - ethics, team work, and customer focus
- Module 4 - Communication - verbal, written, technology, presentation
- Module 5 - Understanding Records Management, Financial Documents, and General Travel Procedures
- Module 6 - Career Search and Educational Opportunities
- Attendance 90% or above
- Participation in group and individual assignments with a minimum grade of 80%.
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App