Hospitality & Tourism
Course Details & Registration Information
- Upon successful completion of course, participants will
• have specific skills training that lead to professional certification in different aspects of the hospitality industry.
• be prepared for entry-level / Supervisory positions for lodging & other hospitality positions.
.• Promote Confidence and positive work ethics.
• Provide smooth transition to Lodging Management Program or high level hospitality coursework.
• have exposure to various hotel and restaurant markets via Field Trips and Guest Speakers ( Traditional Classes only)
- Topics included are
• Introduction to Hospitality and Lodging
• Beverages, Restaurants, and Managed Services
• Tourism, Recreation, Attractions, Clubs and Gaming
• Assemblies, Events, Attractions, Leadership and Management.
• Front Desk Representative Certification ( American Hotel & Lodging Education Institute)
• ServSafe Training Certification (National Restaurant Association)
• TIPS Certification (for traditional class) For Online version link on how to register will be provided.
• OPERA Property Management System Certification
• Delphi Sales & Catering System (Optional for students that are interested in Sales). Students pay Delphi directly. Instructor will provide with more information .
The students will be required to finish the online sessions once user ID's and passwords are provided by the instructor.
- Students will be prepared for an entry-level position in various hospitality departments.
Students will be prepared to get certified in Servsafe (Food Handling and Sanitation ) through the National Restaurant Association.
Front Desk Representative Certification ( American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute)
OPERA Property Management System through ORACLE (Used in Most Major Hotel Chains)
Host U Certification ( Knowledge in Wines, Beer, Spirits, & Non-Alcoholic Beverages )
T.I.P.S certification for Responsible Alcohol Service ( Training for Intervention Procedures) (Traditional Class only)
Delphi Sales & Catering System (Optional for students that are interested in Sales). Students pay Delphi directly. Instructor will provide with more information .
- Attendance 90% or above
- Students must complete all the required assignments with the minimum grade requirements per topic to successfully complete the course. An average of 70 % or higher will be required to get the final certification.
- Guest Service Agent
- Front Office Agent
- Banquet Setup
- Banquet Waiter
- Sales Coordinator
- ABE Bridge to Hospitality - ABE-WKPL1
- Bartending 101 - HOS-3007A3
- Customer Service - CJC-5025G4
- Commercial Food Equipment Service Training - ELC-3130A3