Hospitality & Tourism
Learn the ropes and get a great job in the hospitality industry!
From baking to bartending, culinary and restaurant certifications to operating your own food truck, Wake Tech has a short-term training program to get you the skills you need for the in-demand jobs in the Triangle region. Learn the science, techniques, and trends that will give you the foundational knowledge to be prepared for the challenges face by professionals in the hospitality industry.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Upon successful completion of course, participants will
• have specific skills training that lead to professional certification in different aspects of the hospitality industry.
• be prepared for entry-level / Supervisory positions for lodging & other hospitality positions.
.• Promote Confidence and positive work ethics.
• Provide smooth transition to Lodging Management Program or high level hospitality coursework.
• have exposure to various hotel and restaurant markets via Field Trips and Guest Speakers ( Traditional Classes only)
- Topics included are
• Introduction to Hospitality and Lodging
• Beverages, Restaurants, and Managed Services
• Tourism, Recreation, Attractions, Clubs and Gaming
• Assemblies, Events, Attractions, Leadership and Management.
• Front Desk Representative Certification ( American Hotel & Lodging Education Institute)
• ServSafe Training Certification (National Restaurant Association)
• TIPS Certification (for traditional class) For Online version link on how to register will be provided.
• OPERA Property Management System Certification
• Delphi Sales & Catering System (Optional for students that are interested in Sales). Students pay Delphi directly. Instructor will provide with more information .
The students will be required to finish the online sessions once user ID's and passwords are provided by the instructor.
- Students will be prepared for an entry-level position in various hospitality departments.
Students will be prepared to get certified in Servsafe (Food Handling and Sanitation ) through the National Restaurant Association.
Front Desk Representative Certification ( American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute)
OPERA Property Management System through ORACLE (Used in Most Major Hotel Chains)
Host U Certification ( Knowledge in Wines, Beer, Spirits, & Non-Alcoholic Beverages )
T.I.P.S certification for Responsible Alcohol Service ( Training for Intervention Procedures) (Traditional Class only)
Delphi Sales & Catering System (Optional for students that are interested in Sales). Students pay Delphi directly. Instructor will provide with more information .
- Attendance 90% or above
- Students must complete all the required assignments with the minimum grade requirements per topic to successfully complete the course. An average of 70 % or higher will be required to get the final certification.
- Guest Service Agent
- Front Office Agent
- Banquet Setup
- Banquet Waiter
- Sales Coordinator
- ABE Bridge to Hospitality - ABE-WKPL1
- Bartending 101 - HOS-3007A3
- Customer Service - CJC-5025G4
- Commercial Food Equipment Service Training - ELC-3130A3