Professional Skills & Development
Wake Tech's professional development courses are specifically designed to enhance your resume. These courses give you skills such as how to compose executive reports and organizational procedures; how to communicate between generations and cultures; and more.
Need help writing your resume or preparing for job interviews?
Explore our skills training for job seekers courses.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Have an understanding of how and where to search for potential grants
- Develop a network and true partnerships with a variety of funders
- Create a successful grant-writing campaign
- Design a complete proposal package including measurable outcomes
- Introduction to the Grant Writing Field
- Funder Research and Mission Alignment
- Foundation and/or Corporate Funder Application Process
- Cultivating Relationships with Funders
- Collaborations & Partnerships
- Statement of Introduction/Letter of Inquiry
- Proposal Composition
- After the Application
- Tips for Government Funding Sources
- Board Involvement
- Rating Proposals
- Best Practices
- Attendance 90% or above
- Demonstrate an understanding of at least 70% of course material taught.