Professional Skills & Development
Wake Tech's professional development courses are specifically designed to enhance your resume. These courses give you skills such as how to compose executive reports and organizational procedures; how to communicate between generations and cultures; and more.
Need help writing your resume or preparing for job interviews?
Explore our skills training for job seekers courses.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have gained key AP skills.
- have learned process improvement.
- have understood internal controls.
- have learned leadership skills.
- Introduction: Accounts Payable Overview
- Leadership Fundamentals
- Internal Control Framework
- Overseeing the Accounts Payable Process
- Tax and Regulatory
- Vendor Management
- Travel and Entertainment (T&E)
- Process Improvement
No degree = 5 yrs. related work experience
2-year degree = 4 yrs. related work experience
4-year degree = 2 yrs. related work experience
Advanced degree = 1 yr. related work experience
This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
PC: Windows XP or later.
Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
- Attendance 80% or above
- Students must score 85% or better on 10 quizzes (the first two of each module) or 85% or better on the final exam.