Professional Skills & Development
Wake Tech's professional development courses are specifically designed to enhance your resume. These courses give you skills such as how to compose executive reports and organizational procedures; how to communicate between generations and cultures; and more.
Need help writing your resume or preparing for job interviews?
Explore our skills training for job seekers courses.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have explored self-assessment tools to determine probable career interests;
- have identified administrative assistant positions, titles, and roles;
- have learned about salary ranges for fastest growing administrative assistant category of occupations in North Carolina;
- have learned how to become a professional through understanding work load management, workplace ethics, team work, and communication skills;
- have identified better customer focus skills;
- have better understanding on how technology is used with administrative assistant job duties;
- have learned the different resources available for further education and career opportunities.
- Module 1 - Registration and Assessing Skills and Interests
- Module 2 - The Workplace - professional attributes, managing workload
- Module 3 - Workplace Environment - ethics, team work, and customer focus
- Module 4 - Communication - verbal, written, technology, presentation
- Module 5 - Understanding Records Management, Financial Documents, and General Travel Procedures
- Module 6 - Career Search and Educational Opportunities
- Attendance 90% or above
- Participation in group and individual assignments with a minimum grade of 80%.