Hospitality & Tourism
Learn the ropes and get a great job in the hospitality industry!
From baking to bartending, culinary and restaurant certifications to operating your own food truck, Wake Tech has a short-term training program to get you the skills you need for the in-demand jobs in the Triangle region. Learn the science, techniques, and trends that will give you the foundational knowledge to be prepared for the challenges face by professionals in the hospitality industry.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Upon successful completion of course, students will get proper working knowledge in proper food handling and understand the updated rules and regulations as dictated in ServeSafe Manager's book.
- Day One: Providing Safe Food, Forms of Contamination, The Safe Food Handler, The Flow of Food An Introduction , Purchasing, Receiving, Storage, The Flow of Food ( Preparation), The Flow of Food (Holding, Serving), Safe Facilities and Pest Management, Cleaning and Sanitizing. Day 2: Course Review & Final Exam.
- Students get a Servsafe Certificate from the National Restaurant Association
- Attendance 100%
- Students must get a 75% or higher to pass the Servsafe course as per the requirements of the National Restaurant Association .Students must show valid ID to sit in the exams.
No electronic devises will be allowed during exams.
- Servsafe Certified.
- HOW TO ACHIEVE A BETTER RESTAURANT SANITATION SCORE. - SEF-3001L3