Hospitality & Tourism
Learn the ropes and get a great job in the hospitality industry!
From baking to bartending, culinary and restaurant certifications to operating your own food truck, Wake Tech has a short-term training program to get you the skills you need for the in-demand jobs in the Triangle region. Learn the science, techniques, and trends that will give you the foundational knowledge to be prepared for the challenges face by professionals in the hospitality industry.
Course Details & Registration Information
|Section||Location||Begin Date||End Date||Instructor||Price||Seats Available/Total Seats|
- have an in-depth knowledge of coffee, from bean to cup. Demonstrate how to properly clean and care for the coffee equipment. Demonstrate how to level off ground espresso in preparation to tamp it.
Be able to prepare a menu of coffee and espresso along with learning basic customer skills .
- • History of Coffee,
• Overview of roasting and impact on the finished product
• Customer Service Basics
• Menu Planning, Pricing, and Marketing
• Know your machine, milk, and foam
• Pulling the perfect espresso shot
• Menu of specialty drinks
• Final Written Quiz & Practical Exams.
- Attendance 90% or above
- Students must actively participate in class. Students will have to accurately demonstrate the steps needed to prepare beverages as per the recipe & menu given to them by the instructor.
- Coffee Attendants
- Coffee Artists.
- Bartending 101 - SEF-3001A3
- Hospitality (Hotel & Restaurant Certifications) - HOS-4040A3