Hospitality & Tourism
Learn the ropes and get a great job in the hospitality industry!
From baking to bartending, culinary and restaurant certifications to operating your own food truck, Wake Tech has a short-term training program to get you the skills you need for the in-demand jobs in the Triangle region. Learn the science, techniques, and trends that will give you the foundational knowledge to be prepared for the challenges face by professionals in the hospitality industry.
Course Details & Registration Information
|Section||Location||Begin Date||End Date||Instructor||Price||Seats Available/Total Seats|
- Be able to understand the industry terms and future prospects of the travel industry as well as discusses different types of travel enjoyed by individuals, including domestic and international travel and travel by land, air, and sea. Additionally, students completing this course will understand how a travel agent is able to match travel and personalities to a multitude of travel options and opportunities that take into consideration budgets, needs, and desires of the traveler.
- Week 1 Teacher Info and Studio Intro
Week 2 Working with Clients
Week 3 Cruises
Week 4 Tours, Packages, Group Travel, Niche Travel
Week 5 Making Money
Week 6 Mexico Crash Course
Week 7 Europe Crash Course
Week 8 South America Crash Course
Week 9 Building Itineraries and Trip Management
Week 10 Entrepreneurship
Week 11 Building Your Brand
Week 12 Stay-in-the-Know & Continuing Education
Week 13- Final Exams
- Students will learn the fundamentals of becoming a travel advisor by learning how to facilitate the business of selling travel through effective representation, shared knowledge and the enhancement of professionalism.
- Attendance 90% or above
- Students must participate and complete the online assignments as per the instructors requirements.
- Travel Agent
- Independant Travel Advisor
- Travel Consultant
- Hospitality (Hotel & Restaurant Certifications) - HOS-4040A3