Building & Construction
Start a New Career or Stay Current in Your Field of Work
If you have an interest in problem-solving, working with your hands, or making a drawing come to life, consider a career in the skilled trades. Different positions are available from repairing heating and air conditioning units to installing fiber optic cable to working as a maintenance technician in a local apartment complex. Gain the knowledge and skills you need today for a career in building, construction and other vocational trades.
Course Details & Registration Information
- ... understand the structure and requirements of the North Carolina Plumbing Code and the North Carolina Energy Conservation Code of the North Carolina State Building Code.
- ... be able to determine code compliance when evaluating applications for permits, performing site inspections and/or conducting plan reviews when applicable.
- General Regulations
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Water Heaters
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Sanitary Drainage
- Indirect and Special Wastes
- Storm Drains
- Final Exam
- Upon successful completion of this class and in conjunction with other requirements as set forth by the North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board, students will be able to sit for the Plumbing Standard Level l exam.
- Upon successfully passing the State exam and by complying to the rules as stated in Section 11 NCAC 08.0706 of the North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board Regulations, a standard certificate will be issued.
2018 North Carolina Energy Conservation Code
2018 Administrative Code & Policies
or the latest version approved by North Carolina
- Attendance 90% or above
- Minimum passing score of 70% on end of course exam
North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board Approved Coursework
North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board Certified Instructor and
Successful completion of an instructor training workshop conducted by the North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board
- Plumbing Inspector
- Real Estate
- Home Inspectors
- Planning Departments
- Heating & Air Conditioning/Plumbing - AHR-3131B4
- Plumber Level I - APP-3701A1
- Plumber Apprenticeship, Level II - APP-3701B1
- Plumbing & Pipefitting - FIT-3001AJ1
- Plumbing Level 1 - FIT-3001AK1
- Plumbing Level 2 - FIT-3001AL1
- Plumbing Level 3 - FIT-3001AM1
- Law and Administration - COD-3101A3