Building & Construction
Start a New Career or Stay Current in Your Field of Work
If you have an interest in problem-solving, working with your hands, or making a drawing come to life, consider a career in the skilled trades. Different positions are available from repairing heating and air conditioning units to installing fiber optic cable to working as a maintenance technician in a local apartment complex. Gain the knowledge and skills you need today for a career in building, construction and other vocational trades.
Course Details & Registration Information
|Section||Location||Begin Date||End Date||Instructor||Price||Seats Available/Total Seats|
- ... understand the structure and requirements of the North Carolina Building Code.
- ... be able to determine code compliance when submitting/evaluating applications for permits, performing site inspections and/or conducting plan reviews when applicable.
- Building Planning
- Footings and Foundations
- Family Dwellings
- Floor Construction
- Wall Construction and Coverings
- Roof and Ceiling Construction
- Public Safety and Special Construction
- Final Exam
- Upon successful completion of this class and in conjunction with other requirements as set forth by the NC Code Officials Qualification Board, students will be able to sit for the Building Standard Level l exam.
- Upon successfully passing the State exam and by complying to the rules as stated in Section 11 NCAC 08.0706 of the NC Code Officials Qualification Board Regulations, a standard certificate will be issued.
2018 North Carolina Residential Code
To purchase textbooks, use the following link: https://shop.iccsafe.org/north-carolina-state-building-code-building-code-2018-1.html
- Attendance 90% or above
- Minimum passing score of 70% on end of course exam
North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board Approved Coursework
North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board Certified Instructor and
Successful completion of an instructor training workshop conducted by the North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board
Real Estate Professionals;
City, County and State Officials
- Building Inspector Level l
- Real Estate
- Home Inspectors
- Planning Departments
- Law and Administration - COD-3101A3
- Residential Blueprint Reading - BPR-3011B4
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety - OSH-3013B1