Many North Carolina towns are in need of new, trained code enforcement officers due to the increase in business and residential construction projects and because experienced inspectors are reaching retirement age.
Wake Tech offers both continuing education credits for veteran inspectors and classes aspiring inspectors need to work in the field of code inspection – building, plumbing, electrical and mechanical inspection; fire code; general contractor exam preparation; and administration classes.
Financial assistance available
Workforce Continuing Education offers financial assistance for many workforce training programs through the Propel program and other resources. Email [email protected] for more information.
"Wake Tech had the right courses at the right times for me."
– Andrew Szwarckop
Course details and registration information
- ... understand the structure and requirements of the North Carolina Plumbing Code and the North Carolina Energy Conservation Code of the North Carolina State Building Code.
- ... be able to determine code compliance when evaluating applications for permits, performing site inspections and/or conducting plan reviews when applicable.
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Sanitary Drainage
- Indirect and Special Wastes
- Storm Drains
- Final Exam
- Upon successful completion of this class and in conjunction with other requirements as set forth by the North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board, students will be able to sit for the Plumbing Standard Level lll exam.
- Upon successfully passing the State exam and by complying to the rules as stated in Section 11 NCAC 08.0706 of the North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board Regulations, a standard certificate will be issued.
2012 North Carolina Energy Conservation Code
2012 Administrative Code & Policies
or then latest versions
- Attendance 90% or above
- Minimum passing score of 70% on end of course exam
North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board Approved Coursework
North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board Certified Instructor and
Successful completion of an instructor training workshop conducted by the North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board
- Plumbing Inspector
- Real Estate
- Planning Departments
- Water Utilities
- Home Inspector
- Heating & Air Conditioning/Plumbing - AHR-3131B4
- Plumbing & Pipefitting - FIT-3001AJ1
- Plumbing Level 1 - FIT-3001AK1
- Plumbing Level 2 - FIT-3001AL1
- Plumbing Level 3 - FIT-3001AM1
- Law and Administration - COD-3101A3
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App