Code Inspection Courses
"Wake Tech had the right courses at the right times for me."
The career outlook for the building inspection and code enforcement industry is bright! Many North Carolina towns are in need of new, trained code enforcement officers due to the increase in business and residential construction projects, and because experienced inspectors are reaching retirement age.
Wake Tech offers both CEU credits for inspectors already in the field, as well as classes aspiring inspectors need to be prepared to work in the field of code inspection -- a career with plenty of opportunities. Wake Tech offers building, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical inspection; fire code; general contractor exam prep; and administration classes. Search our catalog below, or contact us to inquire about courses that may not be currently listed.
Course Details & Registration Information
- ... understand the structure and requirements of the North Carolina Plumbing Code and the North Carolina Energy Conservation Code of the North Carolina State Building Code.
- ... be able to determine code compliance when evaluating applications for permits, performing site inspections and/or conducting plan reviews when applicable.
- General Regulations
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Water Heaters
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Sanitary Drainage
- Indirect and Special Wastes
- Storm Drains
- Final Exam
- Upon successful completion of this class and in conjunction with other requirements as set forth by the North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board, students will be able to sit for the Plumbing Standard Level l exam.
- Upon successfully passing the State exam and by complying to the rules as stated in Section 11 NCAC 08.0706 of the North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board Regulations, a standard certificate will be issued.
2018 North Carolina Energy Conservation Code
2018 Administrative Code & Policies
or the latest version approved by North Carolina
- Attendance 90% or above
- Minimum passing score of 70% on end of course exam
North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board Approved Coursework
North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board Certified Instructor and
Successful completion of an instructor training workshop conducted by the North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board
- Plumbing Inspector
- Real Estate
- Home Inspectors
- Planning Departments
- Heating & Air Conditioning/Plumbing - AHR-3131B4
- Plumber Level I - APP-3701A1
- Plumber Apprenticeship, Level II - APP-3701B1
- Plumbing & Pipefitting - FIT-3001AJ1
- Plumbing Level 1 - FIT-3001AK1
- Plumbing Level 2 - FIT-3001AL1
- Plumbing Level 3 - FIT-3001AM1
- Law and Administration - COD-3101A3