- CompTIA, Cisco, Cybersecurity, Open Technologies
- Office Technology
- Accounting Technology
- Drafting and Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Professional Skills Development (1 to 3-day classes)
- Software Programming
- Web Design and Development
- Database Administration
Course Details & Registration Information
- The explanation of technology
- Computer Hardware basics
- Compatibility issues and common errors
- Software Installation and functions
- Green IT
- Preventative maintenance of computers
- Pre-Assessment test
Assign Chapter 1 for reading
- Identify types of computing devices.
Identify internal computer components.
Common computer connecting types.
Identify common peripheral devices.
- Setup a computer
Practice exam questions
Do exercises in chapter 1
Class Q/A session
Assign Chapter 2 for reading
- Compare functions and features of common operating system.
Identify application software
Review chapter 2.
- Practice Exam Questions
Do exercises in chapter 2
Class Q/A session
Assign Chapter 3
- Setting up a basic workstation
Install and configure operation systems.
Install and configure applications
configure accessibility options
Assign Chapter 4
- Configuring Network Access
Network connection types
Install and configure a SOHO router.
Network and alternative technologies
Sharing and Storage methods
Assign Chapter 5
- Working with files, folders, and apps.
Navigate a file structure
Manage files and folders
compress and extracts
create a screen capture
Assign Chapter 6
- Configuring and using wireless devices
Using wireless devices.
- Securing computing devices (Chapters 7 - 8 )
Supporting computers and users
Identify security threats
Apply security best practices
Perform secure web browsing
Environmental and safety concepts
Backup and Restore
Implement Basic Support Measures
- Final Exam
Final Class Q/A
- Ability to gain a certification before the CompTIA A+.
- Ability to learn more about computer hardware and software.
- Enables student to become more proficient in computer hardware and software to maintain their own systems.
- Attendance 90% or above
- Computer Sales
- Tier I Helpdesk
- Desktop Support