Education & Training
Course Details & Registration Information
- be able to describe advantages and disadvantages of various approaches to teaching English grammar to English language learners.
- be able to research and analyze a grammar point and present this information to their classmates.
- create a lesson plan that includes a contextualized grammar lesson.
- demonstrate a knowledge of basic English grammar usage and terminology.
- Week 1: Approaches to Teaching Grammar to ELLs
- Week 2: Basic English Grammar Usage and Terminology
- Weeks 3 - 6: Specific Techniques for Teaching Grammar to ELLs.
- Weeks 7 - 8: Contextualization of Grammar Lessons in Lesson Planning
- Attendance 90% or above
- Students will receive a syllabus on the first day of class which outlines all requirements for passing the course.
- The final computed score for this course must be at least 85% in order to pass the course.
- ESL/EFL Instructor
- Methods and Materials for Teaching English As A Second Language - EDU-3002F3
- Pronunciation - EDU-3002E3
- Teaching Beginning-Level English Language Learners - EDU-3002D2
- The Role of Culture in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages - SEF-3001EQ2
- Designing Effective Language Practice Activities - SEF-3001ET2