Building & Construction
Start a New Career or Stay Current in Your Field of Work
If you have an interest in problem-solving, working with your hands, or making a drawing come to life, consider a career in the skilled trades. Different positions are available from repairing heating and air conditioning units to installing fiber optic cable to working as a maintenance technician in a local apartment complex. Gain the knowledge and skills you need today for a career in building, construction and other vocational trades.
Course Details & Registration Information
- understand the topics that have been presented and be able to recognize workplace hazards on a construction site.
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction Program:
(1) Introduction to OSHA standards and interpretations.
(2) Inspection process, multiemployer
(3) Fall Protection ( Subpart M)
(4) Hazard Communication (Subpart D)
(5) Caught in between/struck by hazards
(6) Electrical Safety (Subpart K)
(7) Hand and power tools (Subpart I)
(8) PPE ( Subpart E)
(9) Health Hazards (Subpart C)
(10) Excavations (Subpart P)
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will earn the OSHA 10-Hour card for construction.
- Attendance 100%