Wake Tech offers a variety of non-degree, short classes and certificate training programs in the biotechnology field, including hands-on training in biomanufacturing and biopharmaceutical operations in a simulated industrial, current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Define facility and product contamination.
- Discuss effects of contamination on industry practices with regard to consumer safety.
- Recognize basic microbiological concepts.
- Explain sterilization processes including steam, dry heat, UV light, and chemical applications.
- Appreciate the complexities of potent drug manufacturing or process contamination containment strategies
- Contamination: physical, chemical, and microbiological
- Basic microbiology
- Detergents, sanitants, and sterilants
- Effective cleaning of equipment and facilities
- Sterilization methods: moist heat, dry heat, gamma irradiation, ethylene oxide
- Containment concepts, strategies, equipment, and considerations
- Attendance 100%
- Students must complete all assignments as instructed.
- Quality Control Personnel
- Quality Assurance Personnel
- Manufacturing Technicians
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Cleanroom Gowning Concepts - SEF-3001JW1
- Cleanroom Gowning Certification - SEF-79244
- Sterilization and Controlled Temperatur Environment Validation - SEF-103CL