Wake Tech offers a variety of non-degree, short classes and certificate training programs in biotechnology, including hands-on training in biomanufacturing and biopharmaceutical operations in a simulated industrial, current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) environment.
For those interested in earning a degree to work in the biotech industry, visit Wake Tech's Biotechnology Department.
Financial assistance available
Workforce Continuing Education offers financial assistance for many workforce training programs through the Propel program and other resources. Email [email protected] for more information.
Course details and registration information
- Define facility and product contamination.
- Discuss effects of contamination on industry practices with regard to consumer safety.
- Recognize basic microbiological concepts.
- Explain sterilization processes including steam, dry heat, UV light, and chemical applications.
- Appreciate the complexities of potent drug manufacturing or process contamination containment strategies
- Contamination: physical, chemical, and microbiological
- Basic microbiology
- Detergents, sanitants, and sterilants
- Effective cleaning of equipment and facilities
- Sterilization methods: moist heat, dry heat, gamma irradiation, ethylene oxide
- Containment concepts, strategies, equipment, and considerations
- Attendance 100%
- Students must complete all assignments as instructed.
- Quality Control Personnel
- Quality Assurance Personnel
- Manufacturing Technicians
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Cleanroom Gowning Concepts - SEF-3001JW1
- Cleanroom Gowning Certification - SEF-79244
- Sterilization and Controlled Temperatur Environment Validation - SEF-103CL
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App