Wake Tech offers a variety of non-degree, short classes and certificate training programs in biotechnology, including hands-on training in biomanufacturing and biopharmaceutical operations in a simulated industrial, current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) environment.
For those interested in earning a degree to work in the biotech industry, visit Wake Tech's Biotechnology Department.
Financial assistance available
Workforce Continuing Education offers financial assistance for many workforce training programs through the Propel program and other resources. Email [email protected] for more information.
Course details and registration information
- Gain an understanding of the concepts of basic inorganic and organic chemistry as they relate to biomolecules
- Gain an understanidng of the basic structure and functions of the 4 categories of biomolecules (carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, and proteins)
- Build a foundation understanding the importance of biomolecules, their function, structure, and behavior, in industrial life-science applications
- Day 1
1. Entrance Assessment and Background Questionnaire
2. Introduction to inorganic chemistry
3. Basis of organic chemistry: Carbon
- Day 2
2. Acids and Bases
3. Four major types of biomolecules; overview of location and function
- Day 3
3. Nucleic Acids
5. Review, Evaluations, Final Course Survey
- Attendance 85% or above
- Completion of final course survey and all class activities
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App