International Student Check-in
After you receive your F-1 visa or status, please follow these steps:
- Schedule an appointment with the International Student Office
You are required to check in with the International Student Office after you enter the United States but no later than the program start date on the first page of your I-20 form. You must bring your passport, I-20, I-94 and approval notice, if applicable, to the appointment.
- Activate your Wake Tech Key Account and email address
- Email [email protected] to request to take a placement test. It is important to include your full name and student ID # in the email. A photo ID is required to take the test.
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss your test scores and course planning
- Register for classes as a full-time student
- Pay tuition and fees by the appropriate deadline
- Purchase textbooks and supplies
- Get your student ID and parking decal
- Attend a mandatory F-1 orientation, which is held the week before the first day of class. It provides important immigration and Wake Tech information and an opportunity to meet with other international students.