Thank you for your interest in Wake Technical Community College. The admission requirements for both new and transfer students are listed below. Please read all the admissions requirements carefully and fill out all the forms completely. Please submit your application by the application deadlines listed in the chart below. Once the International Student Office receives all the required documentation, a decision will be made concerning your enrollment at the College. If your application is incomplete, you will receive an email notification informing you of additional documentation needed to process your application. The College will hold your application and supporting documentation on file for one year. After that time, the contents of your application and supporting documentation will be destroyed. You will be required to resubmit the application and all supporting documentation if you are still interested in attending the College.
Upon approval of your application and all supporting documentation, you will be issued an I-20 for an Associate Degree or the English as a Foreign Language program. Our processing time is one to two weeks. You must take this form to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate office in your country and complete a non-immigrant visa application to apply for a student visa. Again, thank you for your interest in Wake Technical Community. I wish you good luck in the application process.
F-1 Application Deadlines
|Applicant||Fall Semester||Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
|Applying Outside U.S.||April 15th||September 15th||February 15th|
|Transfer Active I-20||July 15th||December 1st||April 15th|
|Check-In Time - Applying Outside U.S.||Middle of July||Middle of November||Middle of April|
Applying Outside U.S.: This is a student who resides outside the United States. The student wants to apply to receive an I-20. With this I-20, the student will apply for an F-1 student visa to come to Wake Tech and study as a full-time student.
Transfer Active I-20: This is a student who is currently in the United States studying at an institution with a current I-20. The student wants to apply to Wake Tech to transfer his or her I-20 to study as a full-time student.
Change of Status: This is a student who is currently in the United States with an immigration status. However, the student wants to apply to receive an I-20. With this I-20, the student will apply with Immigration for a change of status from his or her current status to F-1 student status. If the change of status is approved, the student plans to study at Wake Tech as a full-time student. We do not have an application deadline for an application to receive an I-20 to apply for a change of status with Immigration.
Applying Outside U.S.
- A completed Wake Tech International (F-1) Admissions Application form submitted by the application deadline. Please provide complete information. Incomplete forms will result in delays in reviewing applications
- $40.00 non-refundable application fee - Please refer to the "How to Submit the International (F-1) Admissions Application Fee" section below.
- Copy of passport photo page with the expiration date or birth certificate with an official translation. Please provide a copy to ensure your name is listed correctly on the I-20.
- Completion of secondary education (equivalent to high school education in the U.S.) or a degree received. Provide complete official academic records from secondary and post-secondary schools with certified translations. Records should include courses taken, grades received, grading scale, and degrees or certificates earned.
- Documentation of adequate financial support - Affidavit of Financial Support all applicants must submit a notarized Affidavit of Financial Support. It must also be accompanied by a letter from the applicant's bank or financial institution verifying the availability of funds (current balance) to support a full-time student and any accompanying dependents each year of study. An I-20 form will not be issued until all financial documentation is received and approved.
- International (F-1) Student Medical Form signed by a practicing physician is required. A TB test is required within the last 12 months. If the TB test result is positive, the chest x-ray result within the last 12 months is required. (Please note: The TB test result and chest x-ray result require a date.) The approved Wake Tech medical form for use is included in the International Application Package.
- I-20 Options Form - You must complete this form to indicate to the International Student Office how you would like to receive your I-20. The I-20 will not be mailed to you unless the I-20 Options Form is completed and submitted to the International Student Office. Please note the I-20 packet must be addressed to the student per immigration regulation.
The TOEFL is not required; instruction in English as a Foreign Language is given at the college. If applicants have taken the TOEFL or SAT and submit the scores, it will be considered as part of his or her placement information. To submit a TOEFL score, applicants must provide a copy of their official TOEFL score report or have the score reported directly to Wake Tech. The institutional TOEFL code is 5928.
Complete steps 1-7 listed above under Applying Outside the U.S. and the steps listed below:
8. Status Clearance Form (Attachment D) completed by the International Student Advisor at your current school.
9. Immigration Documentation - A photocopy of your previous I-20s, I-94, and F-1 entry stamp of your passport, passport photo page with an expiration date, F-1 visa page of your passport, I-797 F-1 Approval Notice, and Employment Authorization Card (if applicable).
Change of Status
Complete steps 1-7 listed above under Applying Outside the U.S. and the step listed below:
8. Immigration Documentation - A photocopy of current immigration documentation such as I-94, entry stamp, DS2019, I-797 Approval Notice, etc.
How to Submit the International (F-1) Admissions Application Fee
Option 1: By Mail
You can mail a U.S. money order, cashier’s check drawn on a U.S. bank, or personal check associated with a U.S. bank payable to Wake Technical Community College for $40. Please write your full name and date of birth on a note and enclose the note with the application fee in an envelope addressed to:
Wake Technical Community College
International Student Office
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh, NC 27603
Option 2: By Wire Transfer
You can pay via wire transfer using Flywire at www.waketech.flywire.com. Please note your student ID# is required for this method. You will receive your student ID# via email after your application has been reviewed. Please wait to submit the application fee via wire transfer until you have received your student ID#.
How to Submit the International (F-1) Admissions Application
Please scan the international (F-1) admissions application and all supporting documentation as separate PDF files to attach to one email to [email protected]. To streamline the process, we ask for you to name each PDF file according to the documentation in the file. Our processing time is two weeks. After your application and supporting documentation have been reviewed, you will receive an email notification to the email address on the application.
The International Student Office provides four different options for you to receive your I-20 from the institution. Here are the following options to receive your I-20:
Option 1: Regular postal mail to a foreign address
(Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive the I-20 packet.)
Option 2: Express mail through eShip Global to a foreign address
(Please allow 3-5 business days to receive the I-20 packet.)
Please visit http://study.eshipglobal.com to set up an account and pay. You will log in and follow the steps for “To receive documents from the university.” Please note you will need a credit card to use this service. If you need assistance, please see eShip Global Instructions below.
Option 3: Regular postal mail to the local contact address
(Please allow up to 3 business days for the local contact to receive the I-20 packet. Please note the local contact will express mail the I-20 packet to you.)
Option 4: Pick up
(The student must be in the U.S. to pick up the I-20. Due to the immigration regulation, the I-20 cannot be given to a third party.)
eShip Global Instructions
- Visit http://study.eshipglobal.com
- Under “For Students/Scholars, click “Student sign up”
- Complete the registration form and click “register”
- Check your email account for the verification email and click the proper link in your email to activate your eShip account
- Log in with the email address and password you created on the registration form
- Click “To receive documents from the university”
- Key “Wake Tech Community College” in the university search box
- Select International Student Office at Wake Tech Community College and click continue
- Complete the receiver’s address form and click continue
- Choose a delivery option and click continue
- Choose a payment option, complete the payment form, and confirm the payment
To indicate your I-20 option, please complete and submit the I-20 Options Form to the International Student Office.