F-1 Application Deadlines
|Applicant||Fall Semester||Summer Semester||Spring Semester|
|Applying Outside U.S.||April 15th||February 15th||September 15th|
|Transfers||July 15th||April 15th||December 1st|
Applying Outside U.S.: This is a student who resides outside the United States. The student wants to apply to receive an I-20. With this I-20, the student will apply for an F-1 student visa to come to Wake Tech and study as a full-time student.
Transfers: This is a student who is currently in the United States studying at an institution with a current I-20. The student wants to apply to Wake Tech to transfer his or her I-20 to study as a full-time student.
Change of Status: This is a student who is currently in the United States with an immigration status. However, the student wants to apply to receive an I-20. With this I-20, the student will apply with Immigration for a change of status from his or her current status to F-1 student status. If the change of status is approved, the student plans to study at Wake Tech as a full-time student. Please see the International Student Office for an appropriate deadline.
- A completed Wake Tech International Student Application form submitted by the application deadline. Please provide complete information. Incomplete forms will result in delays in reviewing applications
- US $40.00 non-refundable application fee payable to Wake Technical Community College in the form of a cashier's check or money order (Please do not send cash).
- Completion of secondary education (equivalent to high school education in the U.S.). Provide complete official academic records in English from secondary and post-secondary schools. Records should include courses taken, grades received, and degrees or certificates earned.
- Documentation of adequate financial support. Affidavit of Financial Support all applicants must submit a notarized Affidavit of Financial Support. It must also be accompanied by an original letter from the applicant's bank or financial institution verifying the availability of funds to support a full-time student and any accompanying dependents each year of study. An I-20 form will not issued until all financial documentation is received and approved.
- Report of Medical History and Immunization Record signed by a practicing physician is required. A TB test is required within the last 12 months. If the TB test result is positive, the chest x-ray result within the last 12 months is required. (Please note: The TB test result and chest x-ray result require a date.) The approved Wake Tech medical form for use is included in the International Application Package.
- A completed I-20 Mailing Options Form. You must complete this form to indicate to the International Student Office how you would like to receive your I-20. The I-20 will not be mailed to you unless the I-20 Mailing Options Form is completed and submitted to the International Student Office.
The TOEFL is not required; instruction in English as a Foreign Language is given at the college. If applicants have taken the TOEFL or SAT and submit the scores, it will be considered as part of his or her placement information. To submit a TOEFL score, applicants must provide a copy of their official TOEFL score report or have the score reported directly to Wake Tech. The institutional TOEFL code is 5928.
If you are currently an F-1 student in the U.S. and want to transfer to Wake Tech, you must submit the following documents.
Complete steps 1-6 listed above under New Students (above) and the steps listed below:
7. A Visa Clearance Form (Attachment D) completed by the International Student Advisor at your current school.
8. A photocopy of your previous I-20s, I-94, and F-1 entry stamp of your passport, passport photo page with expiration date, and F-1 visa page of your passport.
I-20 Mailing Options
The International Student Office provides three different mailing options for you to receive your I-20 from the institution. Here are the following mailing options to receive your I-20:
Option 1: Regular postal mail to foreign address
(Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive the documents.)
Option 2: Express mail through eShip Global to foreign address
(Please allow 3-5 business days to receive the documents.)
Please visit http://study.eshipglobal.com to set up an account and pay. You will login and follow the steps for “To receive documents from the University.” Please note you will need a credit card to use this service. If you need assistance, please see eShip Global Instructions below.
Option 3: Regular postal mail to local contact address
(Please allow up to 3 business days for the local contact to receive the documents. Please note the local contact will need to express mail the documents to you.)
Option 4: Pick up
eShip Global Instructions
- Visit http://study.eshipglobal.com
- Under “For Students/Scholars, click “Student sign up”
- Complete the registration form and click “register”
- Check your email account for the verification email and click the proper link in your email to activate your eShip account
- Log in with the email address and password you created on the registration form
- Click “To receive documents from university”
- Key “Wake Tech Community College” in the university search box
- Select International Student Office at Wake Tech Community College and click continue
- Complete the receiver’s address form and click continue
- Choose a delivery option and click continue
- Choose a payment option , complete the payment form, and confirm the payment
To indicate your I-20 mailing option, please complete and submit the I-20 Mailing Options Form to the International Student Office.