Education & Training
Course Details & Registration Information
- demonstrate a basic understanding of intercultural communicative competence.
- demonstrate a basic understanding of techniques, tools, and strategies for helping ESL students develop intercultural communicative competence.
- demonstrate a basic understanding of various approaches to addressing cultural diversity in an ESL classroom.
- The fundamentals of working with culturally and linguistically diverse student populations.
- Understanding the meaning of culture and its impact on individuals and groups.
- Techniques and strategies for building cultural awareness and communicative competence with ESL students.
- Addressing bias and stereotyping in ourselves and our students.
- Attendance 90% or above
- Students are expected to participate in all activities.
- Course assignments must be turned in on time. No late homework will be accepted unless negotiated in advance with the instructor.
- The final computed score must be 85% or higher in order to pass this class.
- ESL Instructor
- Language Acquisition and Adult Learners - EDU-3002C2
- Methods and Materials for Teaching English As A Second Language - EDU-3002F3
- Nuts and Bolts of Teaching Grammar to English Language Learners - EDU-3002F2
- Instructional Technology for ESL Teachers - EDU-3005C2
- Lesson Planning for the ESL Classroom - EDU-3002Z3