EPIC 30 Online Teaching Certificate
Whether you’re new to online teaching, or an experienced online educator with the desire to bring your skills to a whole new level. Wake Tech’s new online training and certification program helps K-12 teachers, college and university professors and corporate trainers master the skills to develop accessible, engaging, and user-friendly online courses.
Learn best practices in online course design, instruction, communication, and accessibility.
- Core accessibility concepts
- Creating accessible documents, presentations, multimedia, and Blackboard content
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) theory
- Blackboard course environment customization
- Online course communication and Blackboard tools
- Assessment tools
- Quality assessment standards
For the price of a conference registration fee, you can take a flexible online course and earn a certificate from the comfort of your home or office.
- 30 hours of online instruction
- Results in 3 CEUs
- $300 registration fee includes a course facilitator and all course materials
- Online Teaching Certificate
CURRENT WAKE TECH EMPLOYEES
EPIC 30 training is available for current Wake Tech employees at no charge through the college's Professional Development program. Learn more.
Learn more & Register Now
Will someone else be paying for you to take this class?
If you would like your employer to receive an invoice to pay for your registration fee, or if you need to pay for someone else to take this class, click here to learn more about Sponsorship Billing.
For more information
Mike Langer | [email protected] | 919-532-5526
EPIC 30 Online Teaching CertificateSEF-3001BO21 available classes
This 30-hour professional development training concentrates on online pedagogy and universal design for learning (UDL) principles. Courses cover best practices in course navigation and design, online communication and collaboration, online assessments, UDL, pedagogy, andrago...
WHAT IS EPIC?
“EPIC” stands for eLearning Preparedness Initiative across the College – a rigorous Wake Tech quality initiative that has improved online student success and prepared and certified online faculty.
EPIC 30 is part of a larger initiative Wake Tech launched in 2015 to improve student success in online classes.
Dr. Abbie Brown, Professor of Instructional Technology at East Carolina University, said this in his evaluation of the EPIC 30 Curriculum.
"Overall, the EPIC 30 [curriculum] reflects the best practices in design and delivery of asynchronous, online instruction. The [curriculum is] commendable: [it] represents efficient and effective presentation of content; the assessment activities support the learning objectives; and the content arrangement is appropriate in terms of sequence, lesson structure.
Based on my knowledge of similar professional development efforts at higher education institutions, the EPIC 30 [curriculum] represents a relatively rigorous professional development sequence. In my opinion, successful completion of the EPIC 30 sequence should provide a strong foundation for effective online teaching to any motivated faculty member."
- "Though I am an experienced online instructor, I found EPIC 30 courses to be helpful--I learned and tried new things, I was reminded about things I had forgotten and in some cases, I was reminded to return to best practices that I used in the past and pushed aside."
- "I think that Wake Tech is way ahead of many places in systematizing and training faculty for online instruction."
- "Having the opportunity to be EPIC certified is an awesome program that I think all instructors should go through (regardless if they teach online or not)."
Are you a Wake Tech Faculty Member?
Learn more about the Online Certification Program for current Wake Tech employees
Are you a Wake Tech Student?
Learn more about eLearning Preparedness at eli.waketech.edu
Are you a North Carolina Community College System faculty member?
You may also be interested in free online teaching resources offered through the Virtual Learning Community (VLC).