Building & Construction
Start a New Career or Stay Current in Your Field of Work
If you have an interest in problem-solving, working with your hands, or making a drawing come to life, consider a career in the skilled trades. Different positions are available from repairing heating and air conditioning units to installing fiber optic cable to working as a maintenance technician in a local apartment complex. Gain the knowledge and skills you need today for a career in building, construction and other vocational trades.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have a basic knowledge of topics covered and how they apply to general industry.
- OSHA 10 Hour General Industry Program:
(1) Introduction to OSHA standards and interpretations.
(2) Walking and Working Surfaces, including Fall Protection
(3) Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection
(4) Electrical Safety
(5) Personal Protective Equipment
(6) Hazard Communication
(7) Hazardous Materials, Materials Handling
(8) Machine Guarding
(9) Safety and Health Programs
Optional Topics include Industrial Hygiene, Bloodborne
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will earn the OSHA 10-Hour card for general industry.
- Attendance 100%