The Baking Degree Program has moved!
- Baking Degree classes are now held at the new Northern Wake Campus kitchens
6600 Louisburg Road, Bldg. K, Room 155
- Baking classes are now scheduled for 8-week mini-mesters.
- For more information, contact:
Chef Jeff Hadley, Department Head - 919-866-5990
Chef Caralyn House, Associate Department Head - 919-532-5969
Prepare for an exciting career with Wake Tech’s two-year associate’s degree program in Baking & Pastry Arts – or choose a certificate or diploma option that can be completed in less time. Daytime and evening classes are available to accommodate busy schedules.
Baking & Pastry Arts programs prepare students for quick entry into the industry, in a variety of positions: baking/ pastry assistant, area pastry chef, and assistant pastry chef, among others. With experience, graduates can advance from entry-level positions to pastry chef, cake designer, or bakery manager.
Employment opportunities include restaurants, hotels, independent bakeries and pastry shops, wholesale and retail markets, and high-volume bakeries. The programs also provide students with the skills and knowledge to start their own businesses.
- Orientation Slideshow
- Robyn Guisto, Old Village Post House Executive Chef - Alumni Success Story
- Bean-to-Bar Chocolate Shop - WTCC graduate, Megan Peters and her dad opened a shop in Winston-Salem which was featured on UNC-TV. View between time 15:50 - 21:15.
- Graduate Success Story - Ty's offers good-mood food from farm to truck
The Baking & Pastry Arts degree provides students with theoretical knowledge and practical, hands-on training in the areas of:
- Artisan and Specialty Breads
- Special Occasion and Wedding Cake Decorating
- Buffet and Plated Desserts
- Restaurant Production Desserts and Breads
- Petits Fours and Pastries
- Classical and European Pastries
- Chocolate Artistry
- Sugar Confections and Show Pieces
- Pastry Show and Competition Pastries
CULINARY COMPETITION RESULTS - 11/29/2016
60 student entries from 2 culinary schools.
|Categories||Wake Tech Students||Art Institute
of Raleigh Durham
|Cold food plates and platters|
|Single tier decorated cake||1 bronze|
|Buffet platters||1 bronze||1 silver|
|Wedding cakes||4 bronze, 4 silver|
|Novelty cakes||2 bronze, 1 silver|
|Sugar Showpieces||9 bronze, 5 silver, 2 gold|
|Bread Display||5 bronze, 5 silver, 2 gold|
|Totals||21 bronze, 15 silver, 4 gold
Total: 40 WTCC medals