Baking and Pastry Arts
Prepare for an exciting career with Wake Tech’s associate degree program in Baking & Pastry Arts, or choose a certificate or diploma option that can be completed in less time. Daytime and evening classes are available to accommodate busy schedules.
Baking & Pastry Arts programs prepare students for quick entry into the industry in a variety of positions: baking/pastry assistant, area pastry chef and assistant pastry chef, among others. With experience, graduates can advance from entry-level positions to pastry chef, cake designer or bakery manager.
Employment opportunities include restaurants, hotels, independent bakeries and pastry shops, wholesale and retail markets and high-volume bakeries. The programs also provide students with the skills and knowledge to start their own businesses.
- Baking Degree classes are held at the Wake Tech Baking Kitchens
6750 Perry Creek Road, Raleigh
- 1:12 chef-to-student ratio
- Baking classes are scheduled for eight-week "mini-mesters."
Upcoming information sessions
- Monday, June 6, 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 11, 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 1, 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 8, 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 12, 9:00 a.m.
Information sessions are in-person at Scott Northern Wake Campus, Building K, Room 155, and last about an hour.
For more information, contact Chef Caralyn House, the program director, at [email protected] or 919-532-5969.