Wake Tech's online, for-credit courses use the Blackboard learning management system.
Online courses are available by Key Account login to Blackboard, providing students with a convenient alternative to traditional on-campus classes. Online courses begin on the first day of the term. Some courses may include required on-campus meetings. Before registration, check the course schedules in WebAdvisor to determine if an instructor requires any on-campus sessions. Students taking online courses must have access to a personal computer with an internet connection and browser software.
Hybrid courses combine regular classroom meetings with online instruction in Blackboard, reducing the number of hours a class meets on campus. Check the course schedules in WebAdvisor to determine when a hybrid course meets on campus. Students taking a hybrid course must have access to a personal computer with an internet connection and browser software.
- Blackboard Orientation is available prior to admission to Wake Tech. If you are unfamiliar with this learning management system, review the orientation. It contains practice tests, a practice assignment and instructions for using Blackboard. (From Wake Tech's Blackboard login page, click "Preview as Guest" and then "Blackboard Orientation" in the Courses Quick View option on the homepage.)
- New students must complete the eLearning Intro before enrolling in an online course.
- Online courses are available on the first day of the term, not immediately upon registration.
- Your online courses will appear in your personal Blackboard account, not in the Blackboard Orientation.
- On the first day of the term, log in to Blackboard with your Wake Tech student email account and password to open your online courses.
- Contact your instructor or Blackboard Support if you are unable to enter Blackboard.
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App