Wake Tech’s online for-credit courses use the Blackboard learning management system.
Online courses are available by key account log-in to Blackboard, providing students with a convenient alternative to traditional on-campus classes. Online courses begin on the first day of the term. Some courses may include required on-campus meetings. Before registration, check the course schedules in WebAdvisor to determine if an instructor requires any on-campus sessions. Students taking online courses must have access to a personal computer with an Internet connection and browser software.
Hybrid courses combine regular classroom meetings with online instruction in Blackboard, reducing the number of hours a class meets on campus. Check the course schedules in WebAdvisor to determine when a hybrid course meets on campus. Students taking a hybrid course must have access to a personal computer with an Internet connection and browser software.
BEFORE THE SEMESTER BEGINS
- The Blackboard Orientation is available prior to admission to the College. If you are unfamiliar with this learning management system, review the orientation. It contains practice tests, a practice assignment, and instructions for using Blackboard. Go to Wake Tech's Blackboard log-in page. Click the Preview as Guest option. Click the Blackboard Orientation link in the Courses Quick View on the WTCC Blackboard Home page.
- New students must complete the eLearning Intro before enrolling in an online course.
- Online courses are available on the first day of the term, not immediately upon registration.
- Your online courses will appear in your personal Blackboard account, not in the Blackboard Orientation.
AFTER THE SEMESTER BEGINS
- On the first day of the term, log into Blackboard with your WTCC student email account and password to open your online courses.
- Contact your instructor or Blackboard Support if you are unable to enter Blackboard.