e-Learning Testing Center (eLTC)
Fall 2020 Hours of Operation
September 1 – December 17, 2020
In-Person Testing Fall Hours
|Scott Northern Wake Campus
Building F, Room 303
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Southern Wake Campus
ILC Building, Room 105 (enter side of the building)
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
|Perry Health Sciences Campus
HS Building, Room 428
Monday – Friday
12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
|Western Wake Campus
Closed Fall 2020
Faculty Planning & Assistance: August 17-31
Fall 2020 – Closed Dates
- September 4 (College closes at 5:00 p.m.)
- September 7 (Labor Day)
- October 5-6 (CU Break)
- November 10 (Faculty PD Workday-No Classes)
- November 11 (Veteran’s Day)
- November 25-28 (25th - College closes at 5:00 p.m.)
- December 18-31 (eLTC Closed)
Limited In-Person Appointments
Under the guidance and recommendations of Wake Technical Community College leadership, the eLTC will accommodate limited in-person testing appointments at its Scott Northern Wake Campus, Southern Wake Campus, and Perry Health Sciences locations. The eLTC will work directly with faculty to process their student referrals for testing. For more information, please send an email to [email protected] .
For the summer, in-person testing will not be offered at our Western Wake location.
How to Make an Appointment
Appointments can be confirmed by also calling the Southern Wake Campus eLTC at 919-866-5870 or the Scott Northern Wake Campus eLTC at: 919-532-5830.
For more information or to make an appointment, please visit the eLTC website or send an email to: [email protected] .
In-Person Safety & Testing Information
You will be in a room with the Test Proctor and the maximum number of students allowed (a small group of students testing that complies with social distancing requirements).
- You will have to check-in at the campus’ checkpoint. Please have your Wake Tech ID, driver’s license, or passport with you.
- Please expect your check-in to take up to 30 minutes before your appointment.
- You will be given a mask to wear at all times and a “pass” card clearing you to use our in-person testing and support services for the day.
- You will be allowed in the Testing Center when it is time for your appointment. Please have your Wake Tech ID, driver’s license or passport with you, and your “pass” card.
- Please remember to avoid lingering in walkways or hallways for your safety.
- Wake Tech will provide checkpoints on each campus in order to take students’ and faculty and staff members’ temperatures and offer them masks and gloves to wear.
- Wake Tech asks that students, faculty, and staff follow social distancing guidelines by staying at least 6 feet apart from one another. The eLTC facilities are staged to ensure safe, social distances for everyone.
- Wake Tech has hand sanitizer available for all students, faculty, and staff to use.
- Proctors will be cleaning used surfaces after each student’s exam session.
- Each night, buildings will receive deep cleaning.
- No one is allowed to linger in hallways or classrooms.
- Wake Tech police will be on patrol to support the safety and well-being of all students, faculty, and staff.
- Keep the required mask on.
- Wash/sanitize your hands frequently.
- Socially distance by maintaining at least 6 feet of separation between you and any others in the room.
- Leave campus as soon as your appointment is over.
|Du-Shan Conway, Manager||919-335-1074||Fax: 919-363-1015|
|Michelle Marshall, Lead Coordinator||
|Cecelia Davis, Coordinator||919-335-1072|
Please email all queries to [email protected]
Approved SmarterProctoring Academic Institutions
Students residing within a fifty-mile radius of WTCC are expected to test in the eLearning Testing Center unless special circumstances are demonstrated. Students requesting an Alternate Proctoring Institution (API) are responsible for having the API approved by their WTCC course instructor.
All proctored exams must be administered within an educational setting, i.e. academic institution with an official school email address, or employer within an educational setting or military base. Military personnel may make arrangements for proctored testing with the command educational officer. Students may not use personal friends, colleagues, or family members as proctors.
Students should log into their Blackboard account and select the relevant course. Select the “Tools” link on the left side of the instructor’s course page and select the SmarterProctoring icon.
Enter a zip code and select the desired proctor and schedule appointment. Inform WTCC instructor of approved Alternate Proctoring Institution (API).
If API is not listed in SmarterProctoring, please contact preferred academic institution and request they register an account with SmarterProctoring to expedite the transfer of testing materials with WTCC.
If you are unable to schedule an appointment with your selected API, please contact your instructor regarding the API Contract, which must be completed and signed, then approved by your instructor at least five (5) business days before the opening of the relevant testing window.