Take a year of classes at Wake Tech tuition-free!
Students who graduate from a North Carolina high school this year can attend Wake Tech this fall at little to no cost.
The college is covering the full cost of tuition and fees for 2022 high school graduates classified as North Carolina residents by the Residency Determination Service (RDS) who enroll for the Fall 2022 semester. Eligibility extends to GED earners, those who complete an Adult High School diploma and those who are home-schooled.
Wake Tech’s initiative is a scholarship supplement to the state’s Longleaf Commitment grant, which covers tuition and fees based on family income. The college will provide 2022 graduates a last-dollar scholarship for the 2022-23 school year to bridge the gap and fully pay for tuition and fees not covered by federal Pell grants or the Longleaf Commitment and other state funds. Students will be responsible for textbook costs.
Students must meet the following requirements to qualify for Wake Tech’s free tuition initiative:
- Graduate from a North Carolina high school or earn a GED/HiSET in 2022. Students who completed high school requirements in December 2021 or January 2022 qualify.
- Be admitted to a Wake Tech credit program
- Be a first-time college student. Career and College Promise and Early/Middle College students qualify.
- Complete the 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (Wake Tech’s school code is 004844.)
- Be a resident of North Carolina as determined by the Residency Determination Service
- Enroll in at least six credit hours per semester
Eligible students will receive notification from the Wake Tech Financial Aid Office.
For more information about Wake Tech's free tuition initiative, please contact 919-866-5410 or [email protected].