Tuition Payment Plan
The two-month payment plan is available for students registering between April 10 and May 3. You must be registered for your Summer courses before you can enroll in the plan. You will make two payments: one-half (plus plan fee) on May 3, and one half on June 20.
Pending financial aid may create a credit balance on your account and prevent enrollment in the plan.
Nelnet charges a $25 nonrefundable enrollment fee each semester you participate in the plan. The fee is added to your first payment. Once enrolled in the plan, subsequent payments are drafted automatically on the payment due date.
NOTE: If you enroll in the Tuition Payment Plan and drop classes or decide to pay the remaining balance, you must update your Nelnet agreement at least two days before the date of the next automatic draft. To update your agreement, go to Self-Service and click on Pay with Payment Plan.
Payment plan options will be available in July for students registered for Fall semester.
The Tuition Payment Plan is not a loan program – you incur no debt, no interest or finance charges are assessed and there is no credit check. The cost to enroll in the payment plan is $25 per semester, a nonrefundable Nelnet account fee that is added to the first payment.
Paying with a credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) allows you to take advantage of any bonus programs that may be offered by your credit card company or pay with your checking account. Payments will be charged on the 20th of the scheduled payment month, and the amount will be automatically charged to the credit or debit card you designate at enrollment.
- To qualify, you must have a minimum outstanding balance of $25 in tuition and fees for curriculum classes for the current semester. There is a $25 non-refundable Nelnet account enrollment fee per semester.
- Once you have enrolled in the payment plan, payments are automatically deducted from the debit or credit card provided. Please do not initiate payments on the scheduled payment dates.
- Your classes are secured and will not be dropped, provided you remain in the payment plan and make all scheduled payments.
- If you make a payment on the plan and then have a refund due, the refund will be handled like any other refund through BankMobile.
Read the required disclosures and contract with BankMobile, a division of Customer Bank.
You can enroll in the Tuition Payment Plan online by following these steps:
- Log in to Self-Service
- Select "Student Finance"
- Select "Pay With Payment Plan"
- Click on the "Proceed to Payment Plan" link and be sure to have the following information ready:
- Name, address and email address of the person responsible for making the payments
- If paying by credit or debit card, the card number and expiration date.
For more information about the Tuition Payment Plan or to get questions about it answered, email [email protected].
The Tuition Payment Plan allows you to invite "Authorized Parties" to your account who can log in to make payments on the student's behalf. Please navigate to through WebAdvisor to Pay With Plan (Nelnet) and the Nelnet website for more information.
- For questions about your student account balance, email [email protected] between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays.
- For questions about the payment plan or automatic drafts, call Nelnet at 800-609-8056 between 8:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Friday.
Frequently asked questions
When will funds be withdrawn from my bank account?
Will I receive notification that my payment has been received?
Yes. You will receive an email confirmation of your payment. Payments will be processed as described above until the balance is paid in full. The email will also be a reminder that a $25-per-semester nonrefundable Nelnet account enrollment fee will be charged to your account. You will also receive email reminders of payment due dates.
If I withdraw from (or do not attend) my classes, do I still have to make payments?
Is there a charge for a returned payment (for insufficient funds)?
Yes. There is a $30 service fee for a returned payment.
If you enrolled in the payment plan in a past semester and had a $30 balance due for a returned payment, you must pay that balance along with the $25-per-semester enrollment fee to set up a new plan.
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App