Placement Testing Retest Procedures
Students are allowed to retest if they have not enrolled in developmental courses; however, there will be a $10 fee for any test taken a second time. No student will be permitted to take the test more than two times. Students are strongly urged to review the test format online and to take very seriously the importance of the test in determining their academic placement.
NOTE: There is a seven-day waiting period to retest.
Exceptions to the required retest fee include:
- Students who took the regular placement test initially, but need instead to take the ESL test to determine their language ability.
- Students with disabilities who took the regular placement test initially without appropriate accommodations.
Students who need to retest on any portion of the placement test must see an advisor in the Admissions Office to get permission to retake the test and to get a retest card.
Students also must pay the $10 retest fee at the following locations:
- Southern Wake Campus: Cashier’s Office, Montague Hall, Room 110
- Perry Health Sciences Campus: Building A, Room 131
- Scott Northern Wake Campus: Building C, Room 236D
- Western Wake Campus: Room 100A
- Public Safety Education Campus: Room 1718
Students must present their receipts to Testing Center staff before taking the retest.
The Testing Center strongly encourages all students taking a retest (on any part of the test) to prepare by visiting websites designed to help with test preparation.